Talk:Archaic Gothic Fighter (D20 Modern Advanced Class)
From D&D Wiki
This class has a promising start, but there are some major issues:
- Minimum ability score prereqs seem extreme. I don't know why you'd even need one, let alone three.
- Minimum BAB is too high. Advanced classes should be available at 4th level, and this isn't available until 6th level, even later if you multiclass at all.
- Your BAB progression is strange. It should probably be +1/level, starting at +1, not +0.
- Your Fort and Will save progressions don't make much sense. Compare them to the standard classes.
- Class skills at 1/level means that non-humans who take this class don't get any skill points. The Strong Hero gets 3/level, and this class probably should too. Additionally, you have hide as a class skill but not move silently.
- Your table doesn't match up with your class features list. You have cleave attack and improved initiative as level one class features, but they aren't listed. You have Modernize Weapon listed, but it isn't in your table.
- There's no such thing as a Fighter Bonus Feat in d20 Modern.
- Your bonus feat progression is weird. Most (maybe all?) advanced classes have bonus feats at 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels, with class features at levels 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 10.
- Lastly, Modernize Weapon is not fully explained, mechanically or fluff-ily.
- I made the following changes:
- General Formatting
- 6 action points/ level (was left out)
- Made BAB 1/level
- Additionally, I'm still having problems wrapping my head around this class. He's "devoted to ideals of a lost age", but also "gains access to items from progress level two levels higher than the progress level of the adventure"? I just don't get it. Also:
- Craft (Blacksmith) and (Technology) don't exist.
- Improved PL can only be used with Modernize Weapon, a feature that the AGF doesn't get for two levels after he gets Improved PL.
- Improved PL and Modernize Weapon are both very confusing in their wording. They need to be explained a lot more clearly.
- Bonus Feat list is missing
- Eighth level is really late for TWF. By the time you reach that you'll be at least 11th level, and you'll need to have decided much sooner if that's the path you want to go down. Same goes for Weapon Focus at seventh level.
- For that matter, you should probably rethink having standard combat feats as class features. Let the player use their normal feats and bonus feats for these; there are probably more feats given through this class than the player can reliably used.
- Hero Reborn is not explained.
- Lastly, is this supposed to be Ghotic or Gothic? It's spelled as both. JazzMan 18:47, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hello. Me =Klas Wullt. Sorry for just editing your talk page.
- Good changes. Thanks for the help.
- I love what you done.
- It's very very kind of you!
- Yes I am trying to improve wording.
- Responding in order.
- sorry about the crafts. I made them up. They semed logical. I should find the equivalent correct crafts.
- Yes. I intended it to split one feature to two, becouse it is powerfull. What if you gain modernize weapon first and then Improved PL.
- Sorry. I try to change the description a little bit every time I visit this page. They are far from finnished.
- Perhaps( about TWF). Weapon Focus was intended to represent mastery over more and more weapons becouse it can be taken multiple times.
- I got problems filling the blanks. I have considered the problem.
- I explained it now.
- it is Gothic! My spelling is terrible. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts!
- You're welcome!
- Made up craft skills are probably fine, as long as they are explained somewhere.
- If one isn't usable without the other, then you are better off granting both at the same level. Maybe instead of having it all happen at once, you can scale it as the user takes more levels. That way you can have more things to add to the dead levels.
- I'll move the page to the correct spelling :) JazzMan 01:29, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- You're welcome!
- I have begun to simply write an exact list of items that you may select.
- isn't there a table translating 1d8+4d6 to 6d6 or something?
- remowed dead rules.
- I consider following your advice. by devide the technology list betwen dead levels.
Archaic Gothic Fighter
- 1 Equipment providing class feature
- 3 weaponbased class features.
- PL requirement per Special Weapon
- Purchase DC check for Special Weapon
- Some Weapons copied from D20 future and D20 future Tech.
- Purchase DC check per Technology
- PL requirement for Technology
PROBLEM: stats for mace and plate armour.
- Combined Improve PL and Modernize Weapon
- new Technology list
- deletied the old technolgies
- deleted the version system
- deleted the old model system
- new model list: only a list of weapons
- changed Class Feature systems and benefits
Any new reactions. Is this class finnished yet?