Taiian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Taiian are a hairless, four-armed, three-eyed fickle and passionate race, giving and withholding as their creator without evident regard for alignment or fairness.
Taiian are a fast-paced, adaptable race, craving acceptance by any culture in which they find themselves. They are as diverse in their tastes, morals, customs, and habits, as humans, but all tend to be easy to excite or anger. In moments of stress, taiian tend to over exaggerate the possibilities of doom, while moments of happiness are occasions to celebrate, no matter how common or seemingly mundane to other cultures.
 Physical Description
Taiian are hardy but cumbersome, typically reaching heights from 5 feet to a little over 6 feet tall and weigh from 80 to 200 pounds, with men rightfully smaller and thinner than their obviously stronger women. The indeterminate humanoids are naturally exceptionally thin by the standards of other races. Her four arms of equal length and range of motion allow the taiian seemingly increased strength where having two free hands might benefit her. Taiian skin ranges greatly from deep tan or light brown to bright red or golden olive, surrounded by a nimbus of bright light that no darkness can tolerate. As astonishing as her physique is, the taiian's third eye is set directly in the center of her forehead contributing to her monstrous appearance, and is the same either very light hue of yellows and golds or very dark shades of brown to black as the two otherwise normally set eyes. With absolutely no hair anywhere on their bodies, taiian prefer wearing little clothing, but often adorn themselves with elaborately decorative headpieces which exhibit long, flowing tresses, and delicate knot work.
Taiian try to get along with everyone else, often blending in among humans and half-elves most. Curious halflings enjoy the playfulness of taiian, while elves tend to regard them as aloof or invasive. Dwarves appreciate taiian love of art and war, and half-orcs tend to agree with their chaotic militaristic views. Gnomes seem to be the only race that outright detest taiian for their lack of cunning wit and their obtrusive nature of trying to fit in.
Taiian tend toward no particular alignment, not even neutrality. The best and the worst are found among them.
Taiian have no lands of their own, traveling openly where the sun reaches. Though they will rarely make their homes underground, taiian tend to thrive where other cultures have already created a stable, firm dwelling.
All taiian worship their creator devoutly with absolutely no variance. To taiian, their god is the beginning and end of all that was or is, and of all that ever will be. Taiian do not acknowledge or believe in any other religion despite incontrovertible proof. If a taiian does not follow Taiia as her god, then she is not religious whatsoever.
Taiian speak Common. They typically learn other languages as well, including obscure ones, but do not have a language of their own.
Taiian names vary just as greatly as human. Though they all have a unifying god, they have no lands to call their own, and will often adopt the names of the local region for their children.
 Racial Traits
- −2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: The taiian are hardy, long-lived, and strong-willed, but they tend to react quickly and irrationally, leading them into a difficulty of balance between their mind and body.
- Monstrous Humanoid: As a monstrous humanoid, taiian qualify for the Multiweapon Fighting feat to take full advantage of their four arms, but otherwise incur no special proficiencies or bonuses due to their anatomy.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, taiian have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Taiian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Taiian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus on Search and Spot checks: the taiian's third eye grants them a higher visual awareness of their surroundings.
- Four Arms: The physical stature of a taiian lets her function in many ways as if she were one size category larger. Whenever a taiian is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the taiian is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to her. A taiian is also considered to be one size larger when determining carrying capacity or whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect her. A taiian can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty while wielding that weapon with all four arms, however, her space and reach remain those of a creature of her actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Purifying Flame (Su): All taiian can surround themselves with a nimbus of light, providing bright light out to 60 feet and shadowy illumination out to 120 feet. This ability does not allow a taiian to see invisible creatures or creatures with concealment more easily than normal, and does not allow the character to see in magical darkness. Her warm radiance allows the taiian to live comfortably in temperatures up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See other racial lists for common languages or the Speak Language skill for a more comprehensive list.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass taiian's barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing (see XP for Multiclass Characters). Strength is paramount in a taiian, and in honor of their creator, barbarian/cleric are more common than not.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||250 years||325 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 11"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+2d6||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|