Swinling (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Swinling, 1st-Level Warrior|
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (swinling)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+1 (5 hp)|
|Speed:||20 ft. in scale mail (4 squares); base speed 30 ft.|
|Armor Class:||19 (+4 scale mail, +2 heavy shield), touch 13, flat-footed 16|
|Attack:||Longsword +4 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or Longbow +4 ranged (1d8/x3) or Longspear +3 melee (1d8+3/x3)|
|Full Attack:||Longsword +4 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or Longbow +4 ranged (1d8/x3) or Longspear +3 melee (1d8+3/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Saves:||Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2|
|Abilities:||Str 15, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 6|
|Skills:||Handle Animal +4, Ride +4|
|Feats:||Weapon Focus (longsword)|
|Alignment:||Usually Neutral Good|
|Advancement:||By character class|
An armored, pink-skinned humanoid with floppy ears and a snout-like nose eyes you nervously. His mail sparkles, showing the care he has put in maintaining it, and his right hand shakes as it hovers over the hilt of his sheathed sword.
The swinlings are a shy and fearful race of creatures that seem to be derived from the common domestic pig. They appear like humans, but slightly shorter and smaller in stature, and with the floppy, fleshy ears and snout-like nose of a pig. In addition, they typically have dark brown or black fingernails and toenails. Their hair colors and eye colors vary as much as humans, but there is one curious thing about this race. All swinlings are beautiful. All but the most racist members of other races would admit that, apart from the nose and ears, a typical swinling is gorgeous. The men are hardy and handsome, the women slender and gracious.
Swinlings speak Common and Halfling, and a few also know Dwarven, Elven, or Gnome.
In spite of their shyness among friends and social peers, a swinling is a truly remarkable sight on the battlefield. Swift, strong, and sturdy, these valiant warriors lend their steel an almost supernatural grace in carving through their foes. This said, they prefer to stay at the sidelines or rear of an adventuring party, supporting their more audacious companions tirelessly and thanklessly.
When alone, a swinling is more likely to surrender or flee than to fight to the death. The exception would be if surrender is likely to mean death, and there is nowhere to flee to.
 Swinlings as Characters
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma.
- Humanoid (swinling)
- Medium: As Medium sized creatures, swinlings have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Swinling base land speed is 30 ft.
- Darkvision: Swinlings can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and swinlings can function just fine with no light at all.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, and Hide checks.
- +2 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Orc, Undercommon
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass swinling takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.
Please refer to the Swinling race page for further details.