Sweetlings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sweetlings are a rare breed of Changelings; their charms and intelligence normally more potent than that of the Changelings and more deceptive. Their true forms are rarely seen and their existence is not a wide-spread knowledge, often mistaken just for changelings.
Sweetlings tend to be intelligent and charismatic beings, knowing how to apply their charms and seductions to get what they want. While they tend to have a caring tone of voice and a personality that cares a lot for people, their true personality is deceptive and flexible, often buried under a powerful personality and guise weaved by the Sweetling. Sweetlings adapt well to the changing worlds and go with the flow easily.
 Physical Description
In their original form, Sweetlings are androgynous beings with bland white skin, black hair and no irises or pupils in their eyes. Sweetlings choose their own gender and craft their own appearance using their racial skill to change their appearance. In their original form, they’re between 5 and 6 feet tall, weighing between 130 and 170 pounds. The form they pick can vary between the race they choose to emulate, but stuck to any medium sized race.
Sweetlings are eager to mix with other races, as they’re capable of emulating them with ease, they are often seen (not that you’d notice them) in many cultures and variance towns and cities.
Sweetlings tend to be of a chaotic good alignment, due to their nature of changing shape and seductive ways to get things, rather than following the laws.
Sweetlings have no lands. Young Sweetlings tend to live in small caves of Sweetlings and manifest their images by moving to a larger community. These caves tend to be near communities, for an easier ability to watch and learn how people act and look.
Sweetlings have no chief deity. They generally stray from worshipping Gods, as their actions as shape shifters and deceivers may go against the deity’s moral code.
Sweetlings speak common and are very interested in every other language; as it allows them to emulate races better. They can quickly master other languages as a second tongue.
Sweetlings tend to have ambiguous names as their Sweetling self; their real name. These names are often genderless and can be anything varying from TBC to Anon. A Sweetling comes up with their own ‘First’ name when they choose their initial base appearance.
 Racial Traits
- +6 Intelligence, +6 Charisma, +2 Wisdom, -4 Strength, -4 Constitution - Sweetlings use their intelligence, wits and charms to get what they want, rather than relying on the ability to beat the living hell out of anything that gets in their way.
- Humanoid(Shapechanger): Sweetlings are humanoid shape with the same physiology, but they change their shape constantly in order to disguise themselves better.
- Medium: Sweetlings are medium sized creatures and do not gain any bonuses or penalties to their size modifiers.
- Sweetlings base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Linguist: Sweetlings add Speak Language to their list of class skills for any class they adopt
- Scentless: In their original form, Sweetlings have no scents. This means they cannot be tracked by scents. However, when they adapt a scent through their Change Shape ability, they cannot lose their scent again.
- Change Shape (Su): Sweetlings can alter their body as a disguise self spell, but the actual alteration is not an illusion. The Sweetling can change minor and some major details; skin colour and texture, size (within limits), hair and other types of changes as described in the spell. They’re also capable of altering the scent that they give off. The Sweetling can alter their genders at will using this ability. A true seeing spell reveals the natural form of the Sweetling. The Sweetling can use this ability at will and retains it until they change shape again. If the Sweetling dies, they revert back to their original form. If a Sweetling lose a limb, they can use their Change Shape to grow it back. This can only be done once per month and the Sweetling must rest for a period of 24 hours after doing so; they cannot use their Change Shape ability for 1d4 days after re-growing a limb. This does not allow for a Sweetling to re-grow a head.
- Steal Memories (Su): Sweetlings have the ability to suck out the memories of beings through small pours in their hands. The Sweetling must have a firm grip on the subject's head. The subject must be willing, helpless or they're allowed to make a grapple attempt. If the Sweetling succeeds, they begin to suck out the memories of the subject. The subject is allowed a will save (DC 10 + Cha modifier) if still alive (if dead, see below). If the save fails, the Sweetling absorbs the memories of the subject. This does not allow the Sweetling access to any feats that the subject had, any class features, special attacks or spellcasting abilities; only their memories. If they subject could speak a language that the Sweetling couldn't, the Sweetling can understand, speak, write and decipher that language as long as she retains its memories.
A Sweetling can only retain an amount of memories equal to her Intelligence modifier. If she absorbs another beings memories while at her limit, she must forfeit one of these memories. A Sweetling can only access one set of memories at one time, and switching set requires a minute of concentration. A Sweetling cannot drain the memories of a creature who's level is higher than their own. A Sweetling can give up a memory at will. Doing so causes the Sweetling no ill effects.
When using someone's memories, she gains an additional +5 to disguise checks when shifted into the person and acting as the person. She can use either her ranks in any knowledge skill or the ranks that one of her memories used. For example, a Sweetling that absorbs the memories of a Wizard with 8 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) can use those 8 ranks in places of her 0 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana)
If the subject is dead, then the Sweetling is able to automatically absorb their memories by grasping the head. This only works on a subject that has been dead for less than 1 minute. After this time, the memories cannot be absorbed.
- Seduction (Su): Once per day, a Sweetling can appear to be even more attractive to a single person in their sight. The Sweetling must be making eye contact with the subject. The subject must make a will save (DC 10 + Charisma Modifier). If the subject fails their save, they are enthralled by the Sweetling, as though under a Charm Person spell. This is a mind-affecting spell as Charm Person with a caster level of 3.
- +2 Racial bonus to Bluff and Disguise checks
- +2 Racial bonus vs. Mind-affecting spells
- A Sweetling cannot have be a 'half' race. A Sweetling cannot carry offspring and their children are always of the partner's race. Sweetlings are created through a ritual that changes a Changeling into a Sweetling.
- A Sweetling that becomes a type that is not humanoid loses their Change Shape and Seduction abilities. This includes Monstrous Humanoid.
- Sweetlings cannot take any deformity feats.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Undercommon, Elvish, Draconic, Goblin, Gnome, Dwarven, Gnoll, Orc, Giant.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +3
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||90 years||140 years||+3d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d8||60 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|