Super Mutants (Fallout Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Super Mutants are mutated humans, products of infection by the Forced Evolutionary Virus (FEV).
While they will not normally die due to the normal effects of aging, super mutants are prone to senility, leading to tendencies to engage in near-psychotic, aggressive attacks against other humans and other creatures.
Average Super Mutants stand about 10' 4" tall (although they typically stand with hunched backs that reduce them to about 7' 8") and weigh around 800 pounds, possibly even more. Their skin color is predominately grayish green in case of Mariposa mutants and yellow with tints of red and green in the case of Vault 87 ones, although some mutants with other skin colors also exist. Their skin is extremely tough, and their muscle and bone structure are enhanced well beyond the human norm. While the super mutants originating from Mariposa are sterile, they do not lose their sexual organs, but they do lose their secondary sexual characteristics, such as breasts. In contrast, East Coast super mutants lose all visible sexual characteristics.
The Super Mutants relations with the other 'races' diverge greatly.
Ghouls: Most Super Mutants view Ghouls as the closest thing to themselves other than other Super Mutants, and therefore tend to accept them into their societies much more often than humans. However, some will share the human view of Ghouls as just useless zombies.
Humans: Super Mutants originally held hatred for humans inspired by their master, and thought them to be weak. However, once the Vault Dweller defeated their master, many began to see that humans too can be strong. Super Mutants hold a diverse view of humans, some harbor hatred at the defeat of their master, while others work together with humans, viewing them as near equals. Others still hold a much more aloof position, preferring to stay away, or holding no real opinion on the "race".
Super Mutants can be found anywhere, from living as hermits in the wastes, to coexisting in Human/Super Mutant towns, to living in old Vaults or city ruins.
Mariposa Super Mutants tend to worship The Master......even after his death.
Super Mutants can speak in a series of grunts, or a language such as English.
Super Mutants usually keep their pre-transformation name.
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Charisma: Super Mutants were designed as a master race, superior in almost every way. A stronger breed of Human. They gain more strength than normal Humans, but their brutal nature and horrifying looks make people less likely to like them.
- Humanoid (Mutated): Super Mutants are severely mutated Humans.
- Super Mutant base land speed is 30 ft.
- Vat Born (Ex): Super Mutants receive a +2 racial bonus to Fortitude and Will saves. Additionally, Radiation is treated as 2 degrees weaker for them.
- Combat Ready (Ex): Super Mutants are restricted to the use of large-sized firearms and medium-sized or larger melee weapons due to the size of their hands. Firearms and melee weapons outside of their size range can be used, but at a penalty of a –4 to attack rolls. Additionally, Super Mutants cannot wear any armor unless it is specially sized for them because of their broad frame and dense skin, costing 100% more. Their skin, however, is very thick, granting them a +2 racial bonus to Defense. Super Mutants begin the game with the Brawl feat.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of Super Mutants allows them to function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Super Mutant is subject to a size modifier, or special size modifier for an opposed check (+4 to Grapple checks, and +4 to resist Bull Rush and Trip attempts), the Super Mutant is treated, as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Super Mutant is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Super Mutant can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. His space and reach, however, remain those of a creature of his actual size.
- Aggressive Negotiations (Ex): Super Mutants' horrifying looks and violent nature impart a +4 racial bonus to Intimidation skill checks.
- Native Language: English.
- Level Adjustment: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age4|
|75 years||85 years||95 years||+2d10 years|
The Super Mutant doesn't die, but instead becomes incapable of even close to stable thought processes and becomes an NPC.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|N/A||7'0"||+2d8||600 lb.||× 20 lb.|