Spirit-touched (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The ever-pervasive divine world has many influences on the world. In the case of clerics, it is obvious in the way the divine magic that flows through the priests. However, it is by no means the only way for the realms beyond the Material Realm to affect the beings living in it. One of the less subtle ways for the Outer Realms to affect those in the known worlds is by intermixing their own beings into those who have not yet left the womb. Thus, those who had been touched by the spirits of the other realms have been born: the Spirit-Touched.
To most who look externally, Spirit-touched look not unlike their human fore-bearers. Their eye color, skin color, nothing about them would be hinted at simply by observation. Their other-worldly aspects do not show themselves until in the presence of a religious artifact. those who have been on pilgrimages often are seen being oddly knowledgeable of the relics they have never seen in their lives. Sometimes, their shown through the use of magic that is often used to ferret out hidden outsiders, be they fiendish or celestial in origin. Even in dire times, where Their origins are unknown, but their places in the world are just as mercurial. These people, dubbed the "Spirit-touched" by those who marvel at their otherworldy abilities, are often sought out as seers and priests. To the Spirit-touched, their 'abilities' are something they were simply born to. they have some kind of understanding that they have a touch, ever-so-slightly, of the divine. Those who adventure seek out the truth of their own being, using their oddly magnetic personalities and divine skills to forge their own path.
Spirit-touched, because of their strongly human heritage, shares much with their human-blooded ancestors. Therefore, Spirit-touched share just about any kind of physical variation as their human parents. Two things mark them as slightly different physically: their oddly comely looks and their slight builds.
Much like their human counterparts, spirit-touched are relatively open to those who are different than themselves. The only time they have any kind of reaction towards those different is if they share some kind of similar ancestry. Spirit-touched have sometimes drawn to aasimars, tieflings, and half-celestials and half-fiends, regardless of ancestry.
Much like their human ancestors, Spirit-touched can be of any alignment. however, Spirit-touched that are drawn to a particular alignment are often strongly tied to them and will rarely turn from them.
Any land occupied by humans are often also the homes for the Spirit-Touched.
Although they can be of any religion, They are often drawn to Obad hai, Boccob, and Wee Jas. Obad Hai, as the god of nature, has direct ties to the elemental planes. Creatures of these planes are just as possible for the creation of Spirit-touched. Wee Jas and Boccob are powerful masters of magic and, with the draw of divine magic strong in the blood of the Spirit-Touched, make the God of Magic and the Mistress of Death and Magic powerful draws to Spirit-Touched.
Like their human counterparts, Spirit-Touched can learn just about any language, so long as the Spirit-touched in question has a strong enough intellect. Those who do speak multiple languages often learn the languages of the outer realms, particularly those that the Spirit-Touched believe their otherworldliness is from (whether this is true or not depends on the Spirit-Touched).
A Spirit-Touched name are almost universally drawn from their human counterparts. Those who wish to differentiate often take a moniker that compliments the individuals personality and also falls in line with the other-worldliness (for example, a Spirit-Touched who believes herself Celestial in origin but is judgmental and stubborn may be called "Houndarchon"
- + 2 Charisma, - 2 Strength : Spirit-touched have sparkling, powerful personalities due to their otherworldly relations, but they are often physically weak and lack power.
- Outsider (Native) : As a people who are only slightly different than normal people, Spirit-touched still have some magical protections that make them more like outsiders than true humans
- Medium Sized : As Medium Creatures, Spirit-Touched have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Spirit-touched Base land speed is 30 ft.
- Darkvision: Spirit-touched can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Spirit-Touched can function just fine with no light at all.
- Racial Skills: Spirit-touched gain a + 2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidation checks. In addition to their natural charisma, Spirit-touched also have a distinct demeanor that aid in the Spirit-touched ability to communicate or potentially frighten those they talk to.
- Spirit Touch (Su): With a prolonged touch, a Spirit-touched can gain momentary insight into a soul. The touch acts like a Detect spell. The Detect ability has the range of touch, not of a Detect spells cone. As such, the Detect ability cannot show multiple auras. To resist this ability, the one subject to the touch must make a Will save equal to 10 + 1/2 the Spirit-Touched Hit Dice + the Spirit-touched Charisma bonus (minimum +1)
- Automatic Languages: Common, Any Regional . Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret langauges, such as Druidic.
- Favored Class: Cleric .
|18 years||+ 1d4||+ 1d6||+ 2d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||58 years||75 years||+ 2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 8"||+ 2d8||110 lb.||× ( 2d4 ) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+ 2d8||80 lb.||× ( 2d4 ) lb.|