Soulbour (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Soulbouren are a secretive society of humanoids. They are often calm and favor order. Soulbouren are not well known because few venture out into the world of chaos. They only do so to uphold justice, or if they have turned on their society and want an adventure. Soulbouren are often very skilled fighters.
Soulbouren tend to be calm and enjoy taking time to do things in life. However, they will become bent on fighting when it is seen as just. Soulbouren are kind beings who share their hospitality with those that they see as good people.
Soulbouren look much like humans, except that all of them have glassy blue eyes. All soulbouren tend to be around six feet in height and males tend to be heavier than females. Soulbouren also have a hair color which reflects their personality. Blue haired soulbouren are calm and sweet, while red haired soulbouren are quick to anger and quite stubborn.
Soulbouren don't particularly like any race, and they mostly stick to small groups by themselves. However, they get along best with elves, humans, and gnomes. They appriciate the culture that humans create, they love the music that elves make, and they are interested in the technology that gnomes are known for.
Soulbouren tend to be lawful, but they may be of any non-evil alignment. Soulbouren are taught that evil creatures are a disgrace to nature and all living beings.
Soulbouren tend to live high in the mountains, and feel most comfortable in secluded areas. They may live in a forest, a desert, or even in the arctic, as long as they can be away from other races.
Soulbouren do not usually carry any religion, but they may take one up when they come in contact with people who are devoted to good causes.
Soulbouren have a secret language that no other races is capable of mimicing. They use the auras around themselves and make complex shifts in its appearance to speak. However, all soulbouren know common.
Names are worthless to Soulbouren, as a person can be identified by his or her unique aura. However, when they come in contact with races who cannot see this aura, they may take on a name that that race can call them by.
- Soulbouren do not have any stat adjustments.
- Humanoid (Incarnum)
- Medium: no changes due to size.
- Soulbouren base land speed is 30.
- Essentia Pool: A soulbour gets 3 essentia added to his or her essentia pool, if they do not have one, then this ability gives them one with only 1 point of essentia. If they later gain an essentia pool they still only have 1 extra point.
- Improved Blindsight 30' (Ex): This ability functions sort of as a sixth sense and acts as blindsight. Improved blindsight cannot distinguish color, but it does reveal the shape and size of objects and people. Improved blindsight does not allow the creature to read. Soulbouren are immune to blinding and gaze attacks, and deafening does not thwart this ability. Improved blindsight works underwater and in vacuums; negates concealment, invisibility, displacement, and blur effects; and improved blindsight can detect ethereal creatures.
- Aura Sight 120' (Ex): Soulbouren are blind, however, they can see auras, which are of different colors depending on the mood, personality, and aligment, of any living creature out to 120 feet. Also, aura sight allows Soulbouren to see any alignment aura, such as a Palidin's aura. Everything appears as white beyond their blindsight, and when an undead comes into view of the aura sight it appears as a hole in the white surroundings. Only stone, and metal walls, and objects negate the things in the view of the arua sight. (Thus a person in full plate armour, with a helm and gauntlets is invisible to the aura sight, unless the creature has an alignment aura.)
Bonus Languages: any.
- Favored Class: Soulborn or Fighter (chosen at first level).
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||80 years||120 years||+4d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|