Slithzirkhai (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most Slithzirkhai, or Slith for short, dwell within the cliffs and caverns of desert canyons. They usually trade with or raid traveling caravans to supply themselves. They are a race that values strength and tactical abilities, and a chieftan is often the strongest of his clan, taking his place by killing his former leader. The Slith race in general will act on a situation first, often following an "act first, ask questions later" philosophy to life. In the Slith language, the word for "stranger" is the same word for "enemy," and they do not believe in retreating or backing down from a fight. Generally, Slithzirkhai clans get along as long as they serve a common purpose, but clans from various regions (Desert, Forest, Swamp) often clash over territory.
Slithzirkhai are massive repilitan beings. They are brutally strong and quite flexible, making them formidable warriors. An average adult Slith can stand between 8 and a half, and ten feet tall, weighing between 650 and 770 pounds. The Slith that hail from the desert often have gray or sand-colored scales, and those coming from greener areas like swamps and forests have been known to have green, brown, or even black scales. As a race, their eyes are yellow, green, or amber in color. A nearly 4 foot long tail aids in their balance and mobility, and claws on their fingers and toes often help these beasts to climb and dig.
Slithzirkhai live by a rule, "act if acted upon." This dictates their role with other races. Though they have been known to be aggressive and even a bit discriminatory towards the non-scaled races such as humans, elves, and dwarves, often calling them "soft skins" as an insult their weaker appearance. When dealing with and approaching the Slith, it is often advised that other races keep their weapons holstered, as a drawn blade might result in all-out war.
The Slith are always Chaotic or Neutral, and almost never Lawful, as they follow their own rules.
Slithzirkhai live mostly within rocky deserts, taking up residence among cliffs and caverns. Though a few clans have been spotted living within various forests and swamps. Slith will never settle an area that is prone to snow, as their cold-blooded bodies do not perform as well in chilly conditions.
Religion is not a lost concept to the Slith, as each clan often has a few special shamans that oversee healing and rituals. They have 4 primary gods. Kilzan the Sun God of Healing, Thikur the Moon God of War, Agiron the Weather God of Harvest, Relperl the Earth God of Travel. During the three day long Ritual of Kilzan, clans often get together for a time of merry-making and festivities, it is a declared holy day in which no blood is to be shed by any Slith. This ritual takes place the day before, the day of, and the day after the summer solstice.
Slithzirkhai know their own language, Slith, which to the untrained ear, sounds like various grunts, growls, and hisses. The Slith are also well versed in Draconic, and one with an Intelligence score of 12 or higher has a 50% chance of knowing Common. In efforts to improve trading, some Slith take to learning various racial languages.
Slith names are always Draconic in origin. The last name is often the clan name, a middle name is usually chosen by the father, and every Slithzirkhai, whether male or female, much earn their first/primary name.
- +6 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, −4 Charisma: The Slithzirkhai are strong, powerful creatures, often acting without hesitation, but their appearance often frightens those of the non-reptilian races.
- Humanoid (Monstrous Reptilian): Though they generally walk on two legs, the Slith are closely related to Dragons and Kobolds.
- Large Size: −1 penalty to Armor Class, −1 penalty to Attack Rolls, −4 penalty to Hide checks, +4 to Grapple checks, and lifting and carrying capacity is double that of a medium creature.
- Slithzirkhai base land speed is 30 feet: If a Slith drops to all fours and runs using his legs AND arms, he can run as if he has the Run Feat.
- Natural Weapons: Slith all come armed with vicious claws, razor sharp teeth, and a tail they often employ as weapons. These are non-magical weapons. Claws at 1d6 Damage, Bite at 1d8 Damage, and Tail Slap at 1d8 Damage. See game rules regarding natural weapons.
- Scales: The hardened scales that cover the Slithzirkhai's body grants them a +4 bonus to Armor Class as a Natural Armor.
- Claws: When climbing, Slithzirkhai can employ their claws to assist in grip and traction, giving them a +4 bonus to all climb checks. As well, the claws grant a +2 bonus to all attempts to resist slipping or losing thier balance on uneven surfaces.
- Chameleon Scales (Ex): Slithzirkhai have the ability to slightly alter the color of their scales to match their environment. This ability takes one round to fully take effect, and grants the Slith a +5 bonus to Hide and Disguise checks. This bonus is lost if the lighting or environment changes.
- Spear Fluent: When armed with a spear of any type, a Slith gains a +2 bonus to Attack and Damage rolls.
- Automatic Languages: Slith, Draconic, and if Intelligence score is 12 or higher there is a 50% chance of Common being automatic. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Gnome, Giant, Yuan Ti, Abyssal, Celestial, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||185 years||240 years||+ 3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||9 ' 3 "||+ 1d6||680 lb.||× ( 2d6 ) lb.|
|Female||8 ' 5 "||+ 1d6||660 lb.||× ( 2d4 ) lb.|