Sindran (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Young Sindrans look almost exactly like normal humans and tend to form communities as humans do, however due to the way they age Sindrans do not often join communities of other races unless such unusual traits are not noticed there (such as in large cities and metropolises). Sindrans also tend to mature slowly so they are not quick to learn life lessons although they are unusually intelligent even when young. Sindrans also tend to be easily offended even if they don't show it, although they typically don't hold grudges against most offenses.
Sindrans are of human proportions but not as well muscled as humans normally are. For the most part however, Sindrans can be as diverse in appearance as humans are with exception to their hair color which is based on age. From birth to adulthood, a Sindrans hair is completely black in color, as they age towards venerable age their hair color gradually changes from black to a blood red color. Sindrans have no body or facial hair except for their eyebrows, eyelashes, and the hair on their head. A Sindran's hair does not grow past their neck (it grows out to a length of 1 centimeter (or half a centimeter in the case of eyebrows and eyelashes) and all other hair on their head does not grow past their eye line) whether they are male or female.
Aging and Physiology
Sindrans age as humans do from birth to 15 years of age, thereafter they age slowly into their physical prime and cease to physically age thereafter (as such they only receive mental ability score increases at middle age, old age, and venerable age). Sindrans can mate with any race a human could mate with, however the resulting offspring is only Sindran if both parents were Sindran (otherwise it is a half human variant of the other race because Half-Sindrans do not exist). Sindrans do not suffer from most of the physical drawbacks of other races and are almost always in excellent health (this means they can't take flaws or certain traits as described in Racial Traits). They also heal from almost any affliction given sufficient time (described in racial traits below) and do not retain scars or marks of injuries. Half human offspring of Sindrans do not share the natural healing that Sindrans have but they are likely to be in flawless health (they can't take flaws or certain traits either) though they are more likely to have psionic ability than other members of their race if that race is not already known for having psionic ability. Sindrans control their body through their soul feeding input into their brain which conducts it through the rest of their body (this connection is instantaneous) which gives them greater ability to resist with willpower but less ability to resist things physically. This also allows them to learn and remember information without being limited by the capacity of the brain. Sindrans lack hair over most of their body but instead regulate body temperature and mimic the functionality of hair with a thin layer of specialized biological material beneath the skin (this layer is very slightly thinner where they do have hair). Sindrans tongues and stomachs react differently to ectoplasm than most creatures in that they can cause it to taste like anything they can imagine and when digesting it (a process which takes at least 1 hour) they can convert it very efficiently into any nutritional substances their bodies might need.
Sindrans hold prejudice in low regard and relate well with any race that attempts to be friendly. However, given that they are easily offended, Sindrans may not get along well with races such as Dwarves and Half-Orcs who tend to have poor social skills. On the other hand, Sindrans have a slightly favorable opinion of elves.
Just as humans, Sindrans can be of any alignment.
Sindrans do not have any preference when it comes to environment although they prefer to live in areas where natural disasters are uncommon.
Sindrans vary as much as humans do in terms of religion.
Sindrans speak common and usually learn the languages of races they trade with.
Sindrans have a preference for elven names but will just as readily choose names from other races or make their own names.
Sindrans are the result of a rare (1 in 10000 (roll 1d100 twice and two results of 100 indicate the presence of the mutation)) psionic mutation from an Elan mating with a Non-Elan. They may still reproduce as stated above in Aging and Physiology, but their origins are rooted in the Elan race.
- +2 Intelligence and Charisma, −2 Strength and Wisdom. Sindrans are intelligent and personable but lack physical prowess and life experience.
- Aberration (Psionic): Sindrans are relatives to Elans but with less psionic might.
- Sindrans do not have darkvision and are not proficient with any weaponry by having the aberration type.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Sindrans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Sindran base land speed is 30 ft.
- Immaculate Body (Ex): When a Sindran receives healing or naturally heals nonlethal, lethal, or ability damage he heals 1 extra point of that damage. If a Sindran suffers ability drain he heals it at a rate of 1 point per year. It has been rumored that even afflictions such as corporeal instability caused by a chaos beast or greater afflictions may be purged in time from a Sindran's body, however it seems that if there is truth to this claim it would certainly take a long time. No Sindran has ever been known to come back from death naturally.
- Naturally Psionic: Sindrans gain 2 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- +2 on Will saves, -2 on Fortitude saves. Sindrans can resist with greater willpower given how their consciousness works but at the cost of resisting physically.
- Sindrans can consume half a pound of ectoplasm to substitute for food and water needs in place of eating a pound of food and a gallon of fluids. The ectoplasm must last at least an hour however to be digested.
- Sindrans cannot take flaws or traits that are physically detrimental (such as the nearsighted trait).
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass sindran takes an experience point penalty, his highest-level class does not count.
- NOTE: Sindrans cannot start at any age beyond adulthood.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1000 years||4000 years||16000 years||Indefinite number of years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|