Seafaring (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Raised on the open water, the Seafaring feel most at home in the open sea. If given the choice of sleeping at in inn or on their ship, they will prefer to sleep onboard. They do however enjoy spending the evening at the tavern in the harbor throwing back some ale and telling stories of their harrowing exploits of the sea. But it is not long before they hear the call of the open water.
The Seafaring are a typical humanoid height and weight. Their skin does tend to be a bit leathery and rough in appearance due to their exposure to the sun and salty air.
The Seafaring gets along well with all races due to their business of offering their services of shipping. They do however have trouble understanding why people would chose to spend their life on land.
They tend to be of one of the the neutral alignments LN, N, CN. but its not unheard of for them to be of any other.
Land? Give me the open sea!
Common and Aquatic
The names are given by the parents.
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, −2 Wisdom, −2 Constitution: Due to their life on the high waves of the sea, they are able to keep their balance very well and navigate by the stars and sun.
- Seafaring base land speed is 30 feet:
- Improved night vision : Due to them having to navigate by the stars, The Seafaring have a better than avg nightvision. This is the same as Low-light vision.
- +2 to navigation checks when onboard ship
- Sailor's Balance: Due to their life on the sea, the Seafaring gain a +4 competence bonus on acrobatics and climb checks made while on the deck or in the rigging of a ship. They can also move across a slippery deck at normal speed.
- Proficient with Hand Crossbow. Due to the times they have to fight from the riggings of the ship, the Seafaring have become pros at using the hand crossbow. Giving them a +1 on attacks with that weapon.
- Due to the fact that the Seafaring spend their lives on the water, they have developed the lung power to be able to spend 10 minutes underwater, whether speaking with the aquatic creatures or just swimming. After that time the normal clock starts regarding drowning.
- If the Seafaring spend more than one week on land, they must succeed on a DC15 Will save (every morning) or suffer a negative 1 on all Attacks and AC due to their wish that they were back on the sea. Once the save has failed no other will save is required the negative stays until returning to the ship.
- The Seafaring do not receive the bonus feat at lvl 1 nor do they receive bonus skill points.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Aquatic(Due to being raised on the open water they have learned to comunicate with the other creatures in the sea)
- Favored Class: Swashbuckler
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|