|In a matter of hours D&D Wiki be down for an extended period of time to perform necessary hardware upgrades.|
These hardware upgrades should address user's concerns including Talk:Main Page#Web Page Not Found Error and the database access times when saving and moving pages. Please stand by.
Satyrs, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Satyrs are interested only in sport: frolicking, piping, chasing wood nymphs, and other pleasures. They resent intrusions and drive away any creature that offends them. A lucky wanderer may stumble on a woodland celebration, which will contain an equal number of dryads and fauns plus other woodland creatures and even centaurs. Strangers are welcomed only if they contribute some good food and drink, especially superior wines. Such wine can also be used to lure or bribe satyrs. If a group includes elves, they have a better chance of being welcomed.
These celebrations last all night in warm months, with newcomers waking up the next morning with massive headaches, minus a few valuables, and not a woodland creature (nor their tracks) to be found.
Satyrs have the legs and horns of a goat, but otherwise look human
They get along with rangers, druids, bards, elves, gnomes and centaurs
Usually chaotic neutral
They live mostly in large forests
Most of them revere the god Damh of the Seelie Court.
Satyrs speak Sylvan and Common
Satyrs use Elven Names
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Medium size.
- A satyr’s base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapon: Head butt (1d8). A satyr’s head butt is its primary weapon even when employing manufactured and natural weapon fighting. Any manufactured weapons are considered secondary weapons.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A satyr is automatically proficient with the shortbow and all simple weapons.
- Damage reduction (Su): 5/cold iron.
- Pipes (Su): Satyrs can play a variety of magical tunes on their pan pipes. Usually, only one satyr in a group carries pipes. When it plays, all creatures within a 60-foot spread (except satyrs) must succeed on a Will save or be affected by charm person, sleep, or fear (caster level 10th; the satyr chooses the tune and its effect).
In the hands of other beings, these pipes have no special powers. A creature that successfully saves against any of the pipe’s effects cannot be affected by the same set of pipes for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Language: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Undercommon,.
- Favored Class: Bard.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|