Sambatu Dynasty (Endhaven Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
- Name: Sambatu Dynasty
- Population: 3.5 million
- Government: Dictatorship
- Ruler: King Adada
- Capital: Rendland
- Major Holdings:
- Language: Common
- Religion: Charystan Pantheon and Animism
- Currency: Standard
- Resources: Iron, tin, copper
- Allies and Subjects: The Blood Alliance, Far Plane Trading Company
- Enemies: Neighbors, Astrean Flying Cities, Twelve Kingdoms, Malachite Empire, The Mage's Cooperative
Rendland was formed from the disintegration of the Phoenix Empire. In the civil war that followed, the Sambatu dynasty asserted control. With the help of the Far Plane Trading Company, this provinces successfully militarized along with other provinces. In a generation, the Phoenix Empire, always volatile, finally fell to its own internal conflict.
- The Astrean Flying Cities have recently broken all trading with the Blood Alliance.
- Lawlessness abounds, with kidnappings and brigandage on the rise. The brigands are often the King's own troops.
The geography of Rendland is brutal. Most of this land is a wasteland of stone crags too difficult to farm or travel. Most people live in the fertile valleys instead, where the land is both misty and beautiful. Most of these valleys have terraced slopes so that the people can grow more crops. Most traffic moves along the navigable rivers.
This area is prone to earthquakes. The people worship many local Earth gods. Some believe that the land itself is the sleeping place of a great dragon which will wake at the end of time.
Flora and Fauna
The farmlands of this region are rich with rice, bamboo, and grasses. Every possible acre of land is used for food. Those lands outside the valleys are rocky wastelands, where grasses and brambles cling to life.
Tough creatures, such as wild donkeys and wild goats dominate the landscape. ironspine dragons are well known in the region, along with giant vermin and many species of wolf. The occasional big cat is seen, usually tiger or leopard.
Crime and Punishment
The Sambatu deal with crime harshly. Their usual punishment is corporal, from whippings, to losing body parts, and frequently execution.
The Transgressor sect is the dominant religious force in the dynasty.
The Sembatu are heavily armed with both regular and mercenary troops. The troops are professional and ruthless, with every type of unit represented. Due to terrain, the Sembatu have few cavalry, but do have many heavy mountain troops available.
Subjects, Cities, and Possessions
The Sembatu holds many small lands as subjects. Their home is Rendland.
- Assassinate a Sambutu official.
- Protect a Sambutu family member.
- Recover a Sambutu family member.
- The Sambutu have split. Defeat the opposing side.