From D&D Wiki
 Links to Disciplines
So, what exactly are the restricted disciplines for each psionic discipline? I am having a hard time finding them on this site. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 08:06, 27 March 2008 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- I apologize for not signing.
- This article is still a bit confusing, and your change did nothing to improve it.
- "Choose the powers known from the psion power list, or from the list of powers of your chosen discipline. You cannot choose powers from restricted discipline lists other than your chosen discipline lists. You can choose powers from disciplines other than your own if they are not on a restricted discipline list. (Exception: The feats Expanded Knowledge and Epic Expanded Knowledge do allow a psion to learn powers from the lists of other disciplines or even other classes.)"
- The selected text appears completely contradictory.
- So, according to this, am I restricted to ONLY the powers available to a Egoist if I chose Psychometabolism as my discipline? Or do I get those powers, plus any other power as long as its not in the RESTRICTED discipline that I am not allowed to take because I am an Egoist?
- The former would mean that at first level, I get to choose 3 Psychometabolic powers from my chosen discipline, even though there are only 2 powers listed for that discipline at first level. And that's it. That's odd.
- Without an actual hardback book here in front of me (and doubting that would help, as well), I am forced to use the SRD. Which is exactly what its supposed to be used for. The problem is I need to be exact and this article is not exact...or is and the actualy rules make for a very narrow-focused character that has access only to the smallest selection of powers. And thus, a very useless character.
- Or maybe I'm missing something, and if that is true, I would greatly appreciate being corrected--thank you in advance.
- I see what you're asking. My mistake.
- Second, all psions may choose powers from the psion power list. Your example 1st-level egoist has no restrictions on what you can choose for him on this list, even if they're of a different discipline.
- Alternatively, you can choose powers from the egoist power list. Or you can mix and match—2 from the psion list and 1 from the egoist list, or vice-versa.
So, a Psion can choose from the Psion list, AND his discipline list, but only as long as the Psion list power he chooses is not found on another discipline list? Ugh, that seems a bit clunky to deal with at times.
Yeah, I think you're clearing things up for me. Thank you for helping out.