From D&D Wiki
This ability is important for wizards because it affects how many [SRD:Spells|spells]]
Missed a bracket 22.214.171.124 23:33, 29 October 2007 (MDT)
- Fixed, thanks. --Green Dragon 20:22, 30 October 2007 (MDT)
A character does not retroactively get additional skill points for previous levels if she increases her intelligence.
should add "he or" instead of only "if she increases" in this line.--Tipttt 07:52, 8 February 2009 (MST)
- PHB switches genders most of the time and assume one can tell that it'll apply to two genders; not just the one presented. --TK-Squared 11:13, 8 February 2009 (MST)
A little tidbit I spy, I spy for thee
Why, I don't know exactly how the SRD license works, but..
We seem to have a grammatical problem on our hands, let's review this sentence closely..
"A wizards gains bonus spells based on her Intelligence score."
We look deeper and dutifully see..
"A wizards gains".. Mysterious, no? We're not talking about loot, as we can see from context and the lack of 'possession indicating' apostrophe. From this we can conclude a typo of sorts. One surprisingly missed by the many who have read this page.
As I said, I'm unaware as to how the SRD works, but there is a typo nonetheless that begs to be transformed into its true, desired form.
Unless I am.. mistaken?
--SgtLion 09:39, 19 October 2009 (MDT) (Forgive my unnecessary dramatized lengthening of this simple case)
- We have to basically transcribe the SRD just as it is written in the original form. So, sadly, this must be how it was worded in the core book. 09:43, 19 October 2009 (MDT)
Skill modifying feats.
I am not sure if this is the place to post this. But I would like to know if there are any feats from SRD that allow one to chenge the base skill modifier. I am not talking about Skill Finesse.
I remember reading about it ages ago, but I can seem to find them know.I remember that there where lots of feats that change to int for armor instead of dex. I am asking on two matters.
Firstly I would like to state that I always play a spellcaster type. Currently I am a Psion and we are playing a campaign on the book of Brandon Sanderson Mistborn. but this is not the point. So my char found an artefact that gives all my int skill +10. and so I would like to change ALL my skills to intelect. does any one know if there are any feats that allow me to change more than just one skill's base for w/e to int?
and secondly, I really think it would be nice, if all skill altering feats are in the modifier's discussion page. any one else agrees?
- Combat Insight (Complete Warrior) lets you use Int instead of Str for damage rolls, but it's Epic.
- Insightful Reflexes (Complete Adventurer) is Int instead of Dex for Reflex saves
- Haven't found the AC feat yet. Marasmusine (talk) 04:22, 10 December 2013 (MST)
- Only feat I know of to let you add Int to AC is a monk feat, something like "Kung Fu Genius", and it replaces the monks Wis to AC, not the normal Dex to AC. It was in crystalkeeps feat pdf, back before they took that stuff down, so I don't know the source of it. I don't know of any feat that lets you use Int as the base stat for any, and if there is I certainly doubt it would let you do all at once; you'd have to take the feat a bunch of times. There's a couple of feats for specific skills that do so, I know of one in CAdv that lets you use int for Disable Device and/or Open Lock (don't recall exactly). Zau (talk) 09:00, 10 December 2013 (MST)
Thanks alot, but I was more interested in changing the skill modifiers to int, because the campaign that I am on, is based on a book Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. So there are ferouchemist that increase their stats and skills. But since the DM allows birthday wishes I would like to know if there is a way to change skill modifier to int instead of wis, cha, dex or str. also I have an artefact book that gives me +10 to all int based skills. so most of my skills int skills are at 16 with only one rank in them (I am an 8lvl Psion and I have so far stacked intelect)--Jokeboy (talk) 14:06, 10 December 2013 (MST)
ok. So after I scanned 2-3 feat books I am beggining to think that may be it was either homebrew or something old that has been taken down.
Also in reply to Zau, it wasn't really only for int, the feat that I remember allowed to add character main ability modifier instead of "something". the reason I am asking is because I read a lot of feats some time ago and I was really tired at that point, so some feats could have been scrambled by my brain.. :D though I am prety sure that remember reading something of what I mentioned just now. main abbility modifier instead of some skill. may be cuz there are a lot of such skill that apply to 2 connected skills. or something like "Mind Over Body" --Jokeboy (talk) 15:17, 10 December 2013 (MST)
- I think if such a feat did exist it would be on a per-skill basis (or bundled skills, say Balance and Escape Artist if you had Agile as a prerequisite feat), and it would probably have to be Epic. It's down to your DM though. I'm not sure if suddenly becoming really good with every skill sounds like much fun :) Marasmusine (talk) 15:48, 10 December 2013 (MST)
I found what I was looking. in a book called "feats" lol.
- APPLIED SCHOLASTICS [GENERAL]
- Your scholarly knowledge is helpful in nearly every situation. Prerequisites: Int 17+,at least20 total ranks in 3 or more Knowledge skills, character level 9th+. Benefit: You may add your Intelligence bonus to any skill check you have at least 2 ranks in. You may add half your Intelligence bonus to any skill you have less than 2 ranks in and any ability related checks (breaking down a door, remembering a fact, etc.).
- If anyone is interested I could find a way to send the book