SRD:Gnomes, Forest (Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the gnome creature listing.
They are the smallest of all the gnomes, averaging 2 to 2-1/2 feet in height, but look just like regular gnomes except with bark-colored or gray-green skin, and eyes that can be brown or green as well as blue. A very long-lived people, forest gnomes have an average life expectancy of 500 years.
- +2 Constitution, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Gnome)
- Small: As a Small creature, a forest gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Forest gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A forest gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Forest gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Pass without Trace (Su): A forest gnome has the innate ability to use pass without trace (self only, as a free action) as the spell cast by a druid of the forest gnome’s class levels.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by forest gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids, orcs, and reptilian humanoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
- +4 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +8 in a wooded area.
- Automatic Languages: Gnome, Elven, Sylvan, and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with forest animals. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc.
- Spell-Like Abilities: A forest gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + forest gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass forest gnome’s bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1’ 11”||+2d4||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||1’ 9”||+2d4||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|