| This material is published under the OGL
Also see the dromite creature listing.
Dromites stand about 3 feet tall and usually weigh slightly more than 30 pounds. They have iridescent compound eyes. Dromites wear heavy boots and light clothing, and are sometimes content with just a sturdy harness.
- +2 Charisma, –2 Strength, –2 Wisdom
- Monstrous Humanoid (Psionic): Dromites are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Small: As a Small creature, a dromite gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Dromite base land speed is 20 feet.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A dromite is automatically proficient with the longsword, all simple weapons, light armor, and shields.
- Chitin: A dromite’s skin is hardened, almost like an exoskeleton, and grants the character a +3 natural armor bonus to AC and one of the following kinds of resistance to energy: cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5, or sonic 5. The player chooses what type of energy resistance is gained when the character is created. (This choice also dictates which caste the dromite belongs to.) This natural energy resistance stacks with any future energy resistance gained through other effects.
- Naturally Psionic: Dromites gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day—energy ray. A dromite always deals the kind of energy damage that its chitin has resistance to (for example, a dromite who has resistance to cold 5 deals cold damage with its energy ray). Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Scent: Its antennae give a dromite the scent ability. A dromite can detect opponents by scent within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. When a dromite detects a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed—only its presence somewhere within range. The dromite can take a move action to note the direction of the scent. Whenever the dromite comes within 5 feet of the source, the dromite pinpoints the source’s location.
- Blind-Fight: Its antennae also give a dromite Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.
- Compound Eyes: This feature of its anatomy gives a dromite a +2 racial bonus on Spot checks.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Wilder.
- Level Adjustment: +1.
Table: Dromite Random Starting Ages
| 13 years
Table: Dromite Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 30 years
|| 55 years
|| 75 years
|| +2d20 years
Table: Dromite Random Height and Weight
| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
| 2’ 8”
|| 30 lb.
|| × (1) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races