Pterasaurian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Pterasaurins are very fidgetty. They typically fly in and steal shiny things and food, which they return back to the nest. When scared they try to fly away, but fight back with a vicious bite if cornered. When happy they often will socialize in large cities.
 Physical Description
Pterasaurian males are usually three to three and a half feet tall and weigh about 10 pounds, females bieng slightly smaller. They have long, leathery wings and a short coat of gray, brown or blackish fur covering their bodies. They have large eyes, and mouths full of sharp, needle like teeth or strong beaks. they may have a crest or long, paddle-like tail.
Pterasaurians usually get along with other dinors, with the exception of stegirians, ankolos and tyrannians. They also like halflings and gnomes because of they love for sneaking and humour, humans for thei versatality, half-orcs and half-elfs for their exclusion from society and elves for their love for the fine things in life, but they usually don't exclude.
They often choose to be Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral.
They originate from the Arleklian Cliffs but live anywhere in high, vertical places. Their nests are made of stick jammed into rocks to make a "shelf" and covered up.
They worship Petralakia, the god of the storms. His domains are chaos, air, animal, ocean and water. He is chaotic Neutral.
They speak Dinorish and Common.
Names are aquired via a cliff dive, where they plummet off their cliff into the water below and see a vision sent to them. That vision is their name.
 Racial Traits
- -4 Strength, +6 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: Pterasaurins are charming and agile, but their hollow bones make them physically weak and frail.
- Humanoid (Dinor)
- Small: As small creatures they +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Pterasaurian base land speed is 15 feet: They also have a fly speed of 50 feet with average maneuvarability. They can fly for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier x2. They can also glide at 25 feet per 5 feet of downward movement.
- Bite 1d4 damage
- Pterasaurians gain +2 on swim checks and climb checks.
- Pterasaurians gain +2 on attack rollls againt creatures with the aquatic subtype.
- Pterasaurians gain a +6 on handle animal checks associated with flying creatures
- Pterasaurians gain an aspect of a pterosaur (choose one at charactor creation):
- Quetzacouatlus: +20 land speed, Large
- Pteranodon: x2 flight time without being fatigued
- Dimorphodon: +2 additional bonus against aquatic creatures and on swim checks
- Ramphorynchus: 1d6 bite attack and weapon focus (bite)
- Anuragnathus: +2 Dexterity, +1 vs. Vermin and Insectoids, Tiny
- Gain Fly-By Attack as a bonus feat
- Automatic Languages: Common, Auran, Dinor. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Celestial, Giant, Ignan, Infernal, Goblin, Orc, Terran.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Spellthief.
- Level Adjustment: +2
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||56 years||72 years||+(2d4)d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 2"||+2d4||6 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 11"||+1d6+1d4||4 lb.||× (1) lb.|