Planetouched-Xenosian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Xenosians tend to be distant and somewhat oblivious, except when amongst one another. They are terrifyingly patient and methodical: the level of obsession a typical xenosian displays can unnerve even the most stubborn of dwarves. Xenosians are aware that others see them as odd, and have become quite skilled at concealing their true nature from others, though their empathy for others often leaves much to be desired. Xenosians are natural wizards, and it is a rare individual who does not study the arcane to some degree or another.
Superficially, most xenosians look much like their human ancestors, at least until they reveal their otherworldly nature. In human form, they tend to have pale or dusky skin, with black, brown, or white hair. When they shift into their alternate form, their skin is usually a gray or blue-gray color. The eyes of a xenosian are perhaps the best indication of their unnatural heritage; their eyes are completely black, without whites, iris, or pupil. It is said that to look into the eyes of a xenosianis to look into the universal void itself.
Xenosians generally have little or no interest in most other races. They are generally amenable to dealing with humans and other planetouched, and have no special attitude towards most other species.
While they often lack empathy for the pain and suffering of others, xenosians are not inherently cruel or savage; thus, most xenosians tend towards neutrality with respect to good and evil. Xenosians are usually neutral with respect to chaos and law, possessing incredible focus in their own lives,
Xenosians are most commonly found in large human cities or in deep, underground cavern networks.
Xenosians do not have a formal religion, and those that do usually pay homage to the mysterious, sinister beings of the outer realms who engendered them; most important of these patrons are the pseudonatural elemental entities known as Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz. Xenosians believe these three beings are the last elemental fragments of their ancestral homeworld. These three entities are always worshipped as a pantheon, and their worshippers may select from the Air, Earth, Madness, Magic, Trickery, and Water domains.
All xenosians speak Common and Undercommon, and because of their high Intelligence scores, Xenosians typically know at least one other language.
Xenosians consider names to be exceptionally important, and each individual collects a vast number of their lifetime, in addition to the nicknames and titles they use when dealing with strangers. All xenosians have a personal name, which usually consists of random letters and syllables arranged in a nearly unpronounceable nonsense word. Once they become adults, a xenosian receives his or her true name, which is revealed only to immediate family and to the closest of friends. They also collect names, nicknames, and titles; a typical xenosian can have thousands of names.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: Xenosians are unnaturally tough and intelligent, but have only a thin grasp on sanity.
- Outsider (native): Xenosians are not subject to effects that specifically target humanoids. Unlike most outsiders, Xenosians can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be. Unlike true outsiders, Xenosians need to eat and sleep.
- Medium: Xenosians receive no benefits or penalties for their size.
- Xenosian base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Resistance to acid 5 and electricity 5
- Alternate Form (Su): At will, a xenosian can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass (or another appropriately gruesome form), but all its abilities remain unchanged despite the alien appearance. Changing shape is a standard action. Other creatures receive a -1 morale penalty on their attack rolls against xenosians in this alternate form.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—true strike. Caster level is equal to the xenosian's class level.
- +2 racial bonus on Concentration and Disguise checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Terran.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +1