Ooplaxii Marrow (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
This derivative is culled from a now extinct humanoid race known for their transformations for war. The potion is named because of its thick, dark red, bitter and gritty taste. Ooplaxii Marrow is an archpotion that grants the effects of fly, bear’s endurance, and expeditious retreat. Presented are two price/duration options.
- 7,200 gp made by a 12th level caster with a 36 minute duration.
- 9,000 gp made by a 15th level caster with a 45 minute duration.
- Shelf Life of 4 months.
Archpotions have a limited shelf life. Archpotions that exceed their shelf life have a chance of going bad. There is a 10% chance per spell infused that after its shelf life date, the archpotion goes bad and instead has a different effect. Though it is the DMs decision, common expiration effects include:
- No Effect: The potion does nothing
- Nausea: The drinker becomes nauseous for the duration of the potion.
- Reverse Effects: The potion does the opposite for one or several of its component spells.
- Spell Resistance: The potion grants spell resistance at the brewer's caster level.
- baleful polymorph: The drinker is transformed into a toad or other diminutive creature.
- teleport: The drinker is transported, no save, to a location they had visited in the last 24 hours.