Nocturnia (3.5e Environment)
From D&D Wiki
Nocturnia is the home plane for the deity Luna (3.5e Deity). It is here where she watches over her followers and supports them in times of need.
This plane shouldn't be used unless you have a follower of Luna in your party.
- Gravity: Light gravity. Luna prefers people to have a light load.
- Time: Timeless. Nocturnia is in an eternal night, lit softly by many stars.
- Size: Small. The plane is only 500 by 500 feet.
- Morphic: Divinely morphic. Luna changes her plane as she sees fit, but she almost never changes the plane.
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: None.
- Energy Dominance: None.
- Alignment Trait: Mildly neutral. Luna does not care about alignment.
- Magic Trait: Limited magic. Luna dislikes combat in her realm, and as such will only allow magic that heals others in Nocturnia.
It is rumored that a portal opens somewhere on the material plane once every full moon, however nobody has ever found this.
Luna sometimes teleports her followers (and their allies) to this plane if they are in extreme trouble.
Besides Luna, the only inhabitants in this plane are small balls of light known as Lunar Sprites. These sprites serve as guards, escorts, and emergency medics in the plane. They are capable of speech in every language. Their voice often sounds like a female child of the species that they are talking to.
Movement and Combat
Luna forbids combat in her plane. If someone engages in combat, a Lunar Sprite will incapacitate the person.
Features of the Plane
Luna's Palace In the center of Nocturnia is Luna's palace. On the outside, it looks like a mansion with three floors. On the inside however, there is only one room. The room is silver, with a throne all the way in the back. Luna sits on this throne with a goblet on the right arm rest. On full moons, this goblet fills with the blood of her followers. There is a crystal ball to the left of the throne. A bookshelf is located in a corner, and it contains several books, each one titled Everything I know about _____ the blank contains a subject.
Sentient Portal Located at the far east of the plane is the sentient portal. The portal is the only way out of Nocturnia, but there is a catch. The portal itself chooses where anyone that enters it will wind up. Despite this, it never sends them to a plane where they cannot survive due to the environment. For instance, it would never send a human to a plane with no air.
All who enter are greeted by a Lunar Sprite in no more than five seconds after they enter. Other than that, there are no encounters.