Night Slinger (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
|Status:||Done, but open for comments|
|Editing:||Constructive edits welcome|
The Night Slinger [D&D Prestige Class]
Often encountered as night guards, Night Slingers use their dexterity, night vision, and incredible ability with a sling to stop intruders and enemies who would think that they have gotten away. The Night slingers posses a Darkvision to rival that of Dwarves and Drow, and when they are roused their ability with a sling is unquestioned. Night Slingers are often seen only as NPCs, though the occasional rogue Night Slinger is not rare.
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Special: The Night Slinger receives his special abilities and training from other Night Slingers, who work for various Guilds. A Night Slinger must occasionally visit a certain guild to continue training and level progression.
The Night Slinger’s class skills (and key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Int), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex)
Skill points at each additional level: 4 + Int Modifier.
Hit Die: d6
Table 1-1: The Night Slinger
Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will Special 1 +0 +0 +2 +0 Sneak Attack +1d6 2 +1 +0 +3 +0 Darkvision 70 ft., Low-Light Vision 3 +2 +1 +3 +1 Minor Sling Expertise 4 +3 +1 +4 +1 Keen Eyes I, Will of Shadows 5 +4 +1 +4 +1 Sneak Attack +2d6 6 +4 +2 +5 +2 Darkvision 120 ft. 7 +5 +2 +5 +2 Greater Sling Expertise 8 +6 +2 +6 +2 Keen Eyes II, Will of the Night 9 +6 +3 +6 +3 Sneak Attack +3d6 10 +7 +3 +7 +3 Sling Mastery, Darkvision 170 ft.
All the following are class features of the Night Slinger:
- Darkvision: The Night Slinger becomes so accustomed to the night that he can see as if he had darkvision with the listed distance. Treat as though the character had it naturally.
- Low-Light Vision: The Night Slingers become accustomed to dim lighting, and and as such obtain Low-light Vision.
- Minor Sling Expertise: At 3rd level, the Night Slinger gains a +1 bonus to all attack and damage rolls with a sling, and he can now reload the sling as a free action.
- Greater Sling Expertise: At 7th level, the Night Slingers bonus with a sling increases to +2, and he can use normal rocks in his sling without an attack penalty as well.
- Sling Mastery: At 10th level, the Night Slingers bonus with a sling increases to +3, and in addition to the other special abilities, his range with his sling doubles, as does the threat range.
- Keen Eyes I: The Night Slinger becomes even more accustomed to the night and covers of darkness. He ignores 10% of miss concealment chance when attacking an opponent concealed by natural causes like fog or darkness.
- Keen Eyes II: The Night Slinger now ignores 20% of concealment miss chance instead of 10%.
- Will of Shadows: A Night Slinger can become utterly focused on a certain target or targets. If the opponent flees, some Night Slingers will pursue their targets until the target is dead or captured. Choose a number of targets equal to your Night Slinger level divided by three. (minimum of one) For the duration of the encounter, the targets are treated like favored enemies (as though the Night Slinger had the Ranger class feature). In addition, the Night Slinger gains a +2 bonus to attacks rolls against the chosen targets, and a +5 bonus to his speed when pursuing the chosen targets.
- Will of the Night: As Will of Shadows, except that all bonuses increase to +4, and the speed bonus increases to +10 feet.