Nekomimi, Oreisa (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nekomimi are a subrace of yokai called Kemonomimi and bear specific features of a cat.
Nekomimi are fickle creatures that travel on a whim, often the victim of curiosity and wanderlust, but unbelievably lazy. Getting a nekomimi to work is a task requiring a soft voice and humble hand. However, they are also known to treasure the simplest of things such as a bowl of cream or small ball and disdain expensive things. It is not uncommon for a nekomimi to turn down a generous offer of many ryo in favor of a shiny piece of scrap metal or a bottle of milk.
 Physical Description
A nekomimi was an average of 5 feet tall and resembled an Oreisan human with the exception of having the ears and often the tail of a cat that could hide around the presence of humans. The color of a nekomimi's eyes and hair may vary although the fur on their ears and tail were often either white or black despite their hair color. Also a nekomimi may also appear in the form of a cat, being an inborn cantrip practiced even by non-spellcasters.
Nekomimi are a sub-race who consider solitude to be there best companion. They are the natural enemy of inumimi, too eccentric in the eyes of many usagimimi, too lazy for the mischievous kitsunemimi and too stealthy for the ushimimi. Humans are too superstitious to trust them and, like all yokai, Nekomimi look down on hanyo. The secretive ways of Kagebo-n have attracted the attention of many nekomimi although those foolish enough to discover what they keep secret end up dead. The exotic sennyo also present an interesting friendship if a nekomimi can find one that exiled from its isolated homeland.
The wandering ways of a nekomimi tends lean in the direction chaos. To a nekomimi, law seems to have very little purpose except get in the way curiosity and enforce ignorance.
Nekomimi never live long enough in one place to declare any place home with the exceptions of the domesticated and they never live more than in small, nomadic clans.
Nekomimi often pay tribute to either of the lunar sisters Kuronaito and Shironaito or even Shiro-kane-tora, the White Metal Tiger.
Nekomimi speak oriental common and neko.
Names are a human invention, but due to the yokai trait, a nekomimi will adopt a common human name in order to insure the ability to wander on whim.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: Nekomimis are agile, but lazy and loners.
- Monstrous Humanoid: As a subrace of Kemonomimi, they bare certain animal abilities.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Nekomimi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Nekomimi base land speed is 30 ft.
- Cat Shape(Ex): A certain number of times a day, a Nekomimi can change into a cat and back into her original form. While in a cat form, she loses all proficiencies with any weapon other than her natural weapons. A nekomimi can change into a cat 1/level during any single day. Changing back into her original form does count against the number of times she can transform into a cat.
- Low-Light Vision: a Nekomimi can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and other conditions of shadowy illumination.
- Cat Claws(Ex): An unarmed Nekomimi gains a claw attack in place of an unarmed strike (the damage dealt is the same as an unarmed strike of her size, but is considered lethal damage). A nekomimi deal nonlethal damage using her unarmed strike, but she takes a -4 aiming penalty on the attack roll.
- Yokai Traits(Su): as a yokai, if a Nekomimi is given a name by a human, she must obey every command that human gives her even if she doesn't want to obey the command. However, if a nekomimi already bares a name, she is not subject to this trait.
- Nekomimi have a +4 racial bonus on all Disguise checks made to hide their feline features.
- Nekomimi have a +4 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot.
- Automatic Languages: Oriental Common, Neko (Nekomimi can talk to cats and other members of the feline race). Bonus Languages: Common, Verna, other languages DM's choice.
- Favored Class: Ninja. A multiclass Nekomimi's Ninja Class doesn't count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||350 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|