Nekomimi, Oreisa (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nekomimi are a subrace of yokai called Kemonomimi and bear specific features of a cat.
Nekomimi are fickle creatures that travel on a whim, often the victim of curiosity and wanderlust, but unbelievably lazy. Getting a nekomimi to work is a task requiring a soft voice and humble hand. However, they are also known to treasure the simplest of things such as a bowl of cream or small ball and disdain expensive things. It is not uncommon for a nekomimi to turn down a generous offer of many ryo in favor of a shiny piece of scrap metal or a bottle of milk.
A nekomimi was an average of 5 feet tall and resembled an Oreisan human with the exception of having the ears and often the tail of a cat that could hide around the presence of humans. The color of a nekomimi's eyes and hair may vary although the fur on their ears and tail were often either white or black despite their hair color. Also a nekomimi may also appear in the form of a cat, being an inborn cantrip practiced even by non-spellcasters.
Nekomimi are a sub-race who consider solitude to be there best companion. They are the natural enemy of inumimi, too eccentric in the eyes of many usagimimi, too lazy for the mischievous kitsunemimi and too stealthy for the ushimimi. Humans are too superstitious to trust them and, like all yokai, Nekomimi look down on hanyo. The secretive ways of Kagebo-n have attracted the attention of many nekomimi although those foolish enough to discover what they keep secret end up dead. The exotic sennyo also present an interesting friendship if a nekomimi can find one that exiled from its isolated homeland.
The wandering ways of a nekomimi tends lean in the direction chaos. To a nekomimi, law seems to have very little purpose except get in the way curiosity and enforce ignorance.
Nekomimi never live long enough in one place to declare any place home with the exceptions of the domesticated and they never live more than in small, nomadic clans.
Nekomimi often pay tribute to either of the lunar sisters Kuronaito and Shironaito or even Shiro-kane-tora, the White Metal Tiger.
Nekomimi speak oriental common and neko.
Names are a human invention, but due to the yokai trait, a nekomimi will adopt a common human name in order to insure the ability to wander on whim.
- +4 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom: Nekomimis are agile, but naive and weak.
- Monstrous Humanoid: As a subrace of Kemonomimi, they have certain animal abilities.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Nekomimi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Nekomimi base land speed is 30 ft.
- Cat Shape(Ex): A certain number of times a day, a Nekomimi can change into a cat and back into their original form as if they were wildshaping as a Druid of an equal level to the Nekomimi's HD, but the Nekomimi can only wildshape into a cat two size categories smaller than the Nekomimi
- Low-Light Vision: a Nekomimi can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, and other conditions of shadowy illumination.
- Cat Claws(Ex): gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat, Nekomimis may choose to deal bludgeoning or slashing damage when making an Unarmed Strike.
- Nekomimi have a +4 racial bonus on all Disguise checks made to hide their feline features.
- Cat-like: Nekomimi have a +2 racial bonus to Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot checks.
- Social Detachment: Nekomimi have a -4 racial penalty to all Charisma and Wisdom based skills in social situations; such as for bluffing to a guard, but not feinting in combat.
- Automatic Languages: Oriental Common, Animal (Species specific: Feline) Bonus Languages: Common, Verna, other languages of the DM's choice.
- Favored Class: Ninja. A multiclass Nekomimi's Ninja Class doesn't count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- LA 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||350 years||+1d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+2d8||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|