Nalielm (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Nalielmus are by and far one of the most chaotic of any race you will find. The toxin that created the sickness has destroyed a large part of their sanity, and cognitive thought. More often than not, a Nalielmus will be just as likely to give you a kiss on the cheek as fly into a rage just watching you move a finger. Though they are not innately evil, it's very rare to find a Nalielm in control of their crazed mental patterns enough to actually function well amidst civilized society.
 Physical Description
Nalielm are somewhat reminiscent of their human forms. They have grown somewhat more gaunt, though not as bones or as the death itself. They somewhat resemble vampires, but there is a slight health to them, instead of pale and lifeless skin they have possession of permanently fair skin color. Hair-colors are dependent upon their manner of death. They may manifest their original human hair-color if they were just a strewn about corpse, or they may have gained some unnatural hair-color from being buried, or burned. Males are standardly the same heights as human males, while females are as such unaffected. However, Nalielmus are very rarely large or heavy in weight, as their bodies have rotted away, losing much of any fat they may have ever had. Eyes are a lifeless glaze of the original color, usually in more pale colors of their original.
Nalielmus are walking abominations to most normal humanoids, though some are lucky enough to find small communities who don't know better who will accept them readily. Thanks to a fresh cloak, hood, or mask however, they are nearly impossible to discern from a pale Human. As such, most who consort with them do so unknowingly.
Nalielmus usually are Chaotic. Nalielmus usually are so spastic and crazed that their actions are more often than not threatening to Lawful society.
Nalielmus prefer the coastal beaches, and a life at sea over anything else. Something about the sound of running water, or the ocean brings peace to their frenzied thoughts. As such, they've become adept and powerful swimmers.
Nalielmus as a whole have no organized religion, they are dependant upon a system of religion they refer to as "Muli'Kattar'Ki'Na", the worship of many waterspirits who all carry a name and affect a part of their grand-scale insanity.
Nalielmus speak Common as their primary language, but may know any languages they died knowing. As their religion requires, they also speak Aquan.
Starting Languages: Common, Aquan Bonus Languages: Any, save secret languages like Druidic.
Nalielmus are as spastic in their preferred manner of address as they are in most other things. Either they retake the name they held in life, or they gain a new one in death. Though, it is more common for them to gain delusions or thoughts of connection to their spirits.
Male Names: Unormu, Lequel, Abelan, Naneko
Female Names: Oraerrea, Luciileea, Mathylde
Surnames: Aquabintu, Wavelalu, Bubblesorx
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Wis: Nalielmus are as quick as they are crazed, but their lapse into near undeath has made them brittle and easy to harm.
- Medium: A Nalielmus does not recieve any benefits or negatives due to size.
- Nalielm base land speed is 30 feet: Swim speed 50 feet.
- Skill Bonuses: Nalielmus gain +2 to Swim, and +2 to Disguise. Nalielmus are excellent swimmers, and just as good at hiding their somewhat frightening features.
- Tidemaker's Gift (Ex): Nalielmus are the 'chosen' among the Water Elementals. As such, they have gained the innate ability to breathe water as if it were oxygen. A Nalielmus may always take 10 on any Swim-related checks, and never suffers death by drowning in normal water. Gelatinous, or Oil-based liquids still destroy their ability to breathe, and they drown as a normal human does.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus Languages: Any, save secret languages like Druidic.
- Favored Class: Any, when multi-classing the Nalielm's highest class level is not affected by Multiclass XP penalties.
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||73 years||95 years||+70 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d10||148 lb.||+ 2d10 lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+1d12||132 lb.||+ 2d10 lb.|