Metal Elemental Monolith, Heavy (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
 HEAVY METAL MONOLITH
|Heavy Metal Monolith|
|Size/Type:||Gargantuan Elemental (Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||36d8+468 (630 hp)|
|Armor Class:||35 (-4 size, +9 Dex, +20 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 26|
|Attack:||Slam +35 melee (6d8+18)|
|Full Attack:||2 slams|
|Special Attacks:||Blinding sheen, crushing fists, heavy (640' tornado+++), metal mastery +8, scream|
|Special Qualities:||Damage reduction 25/adamantine (20/-), darkvision 180', elemental traits, immune to fear and sonic, lightning vulnerability, steel healing|
|Saves:||Fort +25 Ref +21 Will +27|
|Abilities:||Str 34, Dex 29, Con 36, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 31|
|Skills:||Balance +14, Diplomacy +12, Escape Artist +19, Intimidate +28, Jump +40, Listen +20, Perform (keyboard, oratory, percussion, string, sing, wind) +46, Sense Motive +20, Spot +20, Tumble +21|
|Skill Tricks:||Acrobatic Backstab, Back on Your Feet, Clarity of Vision, Nimble Stand, Slipping Past, Spot the Weak Point, Twisted Charge|
|Feats:||Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Hold The Line, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (Slam)B Improved Trip, Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Power Attack, Quicken Breath|
|Epic Feats:||Blinding Speed, Epic WillB, Greater Power AttackB Superior Initiative|
|Environment:||Paraelemental Plane of Metal|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic neutral|
The heavy metal monolith is the closest thing to a pure metal monolith. They act much the same as their weaker brethren, though on a grander scale in all things. The "armor" that is their form is unique to each monolith, though they all are huge and grandiose in design, as if smithed by titans. They are the most commonly summoned metal monolith, for two possible reasons: they are the most common metal monolith, and/or the others are more specialized in attacks and behavior. When they speak in the mix of Auran and Terran common to metal elementals, "clean" though their voices may be, they sound proud and booming.
The performances of a heavy metal monolith are... powerful. Full of warrior shouts and singing recognizable by the uninitiated, they personify the very soul of steel and defiance. Woe betide she who does not stand in awe of epic metal.
Heavy metal monoliths are 64' tall and weigh 128 tons. So weighted are they that these monoliths are treated as two size categories higher for the purpose of their Heavy ability.
Heavy metal monoliths are exemplars of crushing their opposition. After screaming to rattle its enemy's nerves, the monolith rushes in and pulps the skulls of all who do not run.
A heavy metal monolith's natural weapons are treated as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
If you wish to use the house rule that multiplies a creature's maximum hit points by one-tenth its CR once it reaches CR 11, a folk metal monolith would instead have 1197 maximum hit points.
- Blinding Sheen (Ex): The pure chrome of a heavy metal monolith catches light so well, that as long as it is in an area of bright illumination, creatures within 300' of the monolith must make a DC 41 Fort save or be dazzled for as long as they continue looking at the monolith and for 10 minutes afterwards. If they fail the save by 15 or more, they are instead blinded for 1 hour and dazzled for another hour thereafter. DC is Con-based. Metal elementals are immune to this ability.
- Crushing Fists (Ex): The slams of a heavy metal monolith use one-and-a-half times their Strength modifier in bonus damage. Furthermore, for the purpose of Power Attack, their slams are treated as two-handed weapons.
- Heavy (Su): Refer to main page.
- Metal Mastery (Ex): Gains a +8 to attack rolls against foes with metal armor or are made of metal, and foes take a -8 penalty on attack rolls with a metal weapon or appendage. Against attacks that would heal it (see Steel Healing, below), the penalty is instead a +8 bonus.
- Scream (Ex): As a standard action, with a 1d3 round delay between uses, a heavy metal monolith can shout as a 120'-cone breath weapon. Creatures in the area take 18d8 sonic damage (36d8 sonic per HD vs exposed brittle or crystalline object or crystalline creature) and are deafened for 1 hour unless they make a DC 41 Fort save (which halves the damage and creatures are not deafened). This is a sonic effect. DC is Con-based.
- Furthermore, any creature in a 240'-radius of the heavy metal monolith must make a DC 38 Will save or be panicked for 2d6 rounds (instead shaken for 2d4 rounds on a successful save). This is a fear effect. DC is Cha-based. Creatures who fail the Fort save vs sonic/deafness take a -8 circumstance penalty on this save vs fear.
- Steel Healing (Su): So attuned with its element is the heavy metal monolith that anything made of metal that would deal it damage instead heals it for 1 point for every 4 points of damage it would otherwise inflict (as if it had no damage reduction). Sufficiently rare metals (such as mithril and adamantine, but not cold iron or silver) deal damage normally (reduced by its damage reduction, as normal). The monolith cannot heal itself or other metal elementals with this ability in this manner.
- Feats: Explained on the main metal elemental page if not in the SRD.
- Skill Tricks: Explained on the main metal elemental page.