Metal Elemental Monolith, Black (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
 BLACK METAL MONOLITH
|Black Metal Monolith|
|Size/Type:||Gargantuan Elemental (Evil, Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||36d8+180 (342 hp)|
|Armor Class:||31 (-4 size, +13 Dex, +12 natural), touch 19, flat-footed 18|
|Attack:||Slam +36 melee (6d6+9/19-20 plus energy drain)|
|Full Attack:||2 slams|
|Special Attacks:||Blackened scream, energy drain, heavy (320' tornado+), metal mastery +8, negative energy aura|
|Special Qualities:||Damage reduction 20/adamantine (15/-), darkvision 180', elemental traits, immune to cold, fear, and sonic, lightning vulnerability, turn resistance +10, undead traits|
|Saves:||Fort +17 Ref +25 Will +27|
|Abilities:||Str 29, Dex 36, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 34|
|Skills:||Balance +18, Diplomacy +14, Escape Artist +23, Intimidate +30, Jump +29, Listen +20, Perform (keyboard, oratory, percussion, string, sing, wind) +48, Sense Motive +20, Spot +20, Tumble +25|
|Skill Tricks:||Acrobatic Backstab, Back on Your Feet, Clarity of Vision, Nimble Stand, Slipping Past, Spot the Weak Point, Twisted Charge|
|Feats:||Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Hold The Line, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Power Attack, Quicken Breath, Weapon Finesse[b]|
|Epic Feats:||Blinding Speed, Epic Will[b], Superior Initiative|
|Environment:||Negative Energy Plane, Paraelemental Plane of Metal|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic evil|
Black metal monoliths are the result of a major influx of negative energy on the Plane of Metal. These undeath-tainted elementals are prized by both necromancers and conjurors, though only the greatest magics can coerce them into servitude. They despise all that is not their own, including other kinds of metal elemental. Their speech is that of lesser metal elementals: a mix of Auran and Terran. When they do choose to communicate rather than kill, their voices are similar to metal elementals, though much harsher, like that of a ghoul or a lich.
The performances of a black metal monolith are piercing and shrill, extremely uncouth and nerve-wrackingly raw. Such an unholy din is rarely welcome except by demons and bardic undead. Rarely can they be hauntingly melodic (but still harsh), though never as much as the doom metal monoliths.
Black metal monoliths are 64' tall and weigh about 71 tons (143,360 lbs).
Black metal monoliths fearlessly wade into the thick of things, trying to catch as many enemies as they can with their aura and where they can hit as many as they can with their blasphemous howl.
A black metal monolith's natural weapons are treated as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
If you wish to use the house rule that multiplies a creature's maximum hit points by one-tenth its CR once it reaches CR 11, a black metal monolith would instead have 649 maximum hit points.
- Blackened Scream (Su): Once per 1d3 rounds as a standard action, a black metal monolith can use this 120'-cone breath weapon to inflict the following effects: 150 negative energy damage (as Harm cast by a 15th-lvl cleric; cannot reduce target below 1 hit point; acts as Heal on undead [can "inhale" to Heal itself, but only for 75 hp]) and the target is confused for 2d4 rounds. A successful Will save (DC 33) halves the damage, and the target is confused for only 1 round. DC is Con-based.
- Energy Drain (Su): Its natural attacks inflict 2 negative levels with a hit (4 on crit), and the black metal monolith is healed 10 hit points (20 on crit). Any points in excess of maximum hp go to temporary hp that an hour.
- Negative Energy Aura (Su): A 60' radius spread negative energy aura emanates from each black metal monolith. All undead in the field (including the monolith) are treated as if having turn resistance +10 and a negative energy version of fast healing 10. Living creatures in the aura are treated as having five negative levels unless they have some sort of negative energy protection or protection from evil. Creatures with 5 or fewer HD or levels perish (and, at the monolith's option, rise as wraiths under the monolith's command 10 minutes later).
- Undead Traits (Ex): Black metal monoliths are so infused with negative energy that they have gained some traits of the undead, as noted here. They are immune to disease, death effects, ability drain, energy drain, ability damage to physical ability scores (Str, Dex, Con) and to fatigue and exhaustion effects, and mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). They are treated as undead with their hit dice +50% (54-HD undead with this one) for the purpose of turning/rebuking and similar abilities, and are treated as undead for other effects or situations (such as being injured by positive energy and healed by negative).
- Feats: Explained on the main metal elemental page if not in the SRD.
- Skill Tricks: Explained on the main metal elemental page.