Metal Elemental, Primal, Orichalcum (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Note: this primal elemental uses these traits, rather than those of the Epic Level Handbook.
 PRIMAL ORICHALCUM ELEMENTAL
|Primal Orichalcum Elemental|
|Size/Type:||Macro-Tiny Elemental (Extraplanar)|
|Hit Dice:||320d100+38,720+6,080 (76,800 hp); 153,600 hp in the paraelemental plane of metal|
|Initiative:||+47 (+20 Dex, +19 elemental mastery, +8 Superior Initiative), always first|
|Armor Class:||731 (-128 size, +12 anarchic, +20 Dex, +80 deflection, +1 dodge, +19 elemental mastery, +12 foresight, +12 luck, +693 natural), touch 38, flat-footed - (7th Sense); see Lightning Bane|
|Attack:||Slam +596 melee (7637/9-20/x3 [norm 730d10+337]); see Lightning Bane|
|Full Attack:||5 slams|
|Special Attacks:||Augmented critical, crushing fists, divine sonic, enhanced fists +80, heavy (7,680' tornado+x10), lightning bane, pounce, scream, metal mastery +38|
|Special Qualities:||Blindsight 1,500' (only in plane of metal), damage reduction 340/-, darkvision 6400', fast healing 250 (1500 on the paraelemental plane of metal), orichalcum healing, orichalcum toughness, primal elemental traits, spell resistance 349, +16 virtual size categories|
|Saves:||Fort +246, Ref +146, Will +206; see Lightning Bane|
|Abilities:||Str 333/+161, Dex 50/+20, Con 252/+121, Int 40/+15, Wis 50/+20, Cha 79/+34|
|Skills:||Omnicompetent -- all skills 342 plus key ability modifier|
|Skill Tricks:||Acrobatic Backstab, Back on Your Feet, Clarity of Vision, Nimble Stand, Slipping Past, Spot the Weak Point, Twisted Charge|
|Feats:||Alertness, Cleave, Combat Brute, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Great Cleave, Hold The Line, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Attack (Slam), Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Leap Attack, Mage-Slayer, Martial Stance (Immortal Fortitude), Martial Study (Defensive Rebuke, Foehammer, Tide of Chaos), Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Power Attack, Robilar's Gambit, Run, Shock Trooper|
|Epic Feats:||Blinding Speed, Epic Skill Focus (Jump), Epic Speed, Epic WillB, Expert Strike, Great Leap Attack, Greater Critical (Slam), Greater Natural Attack (Slam), Greater Power Attack, Legendary Leaper, Legendary Runner, Light Eradication, Perfect Cleave, Sixth Sense, Superior Cleave, Superior Initiative|
|Divine Abilities:||Abnormality (Extra Arms), Adjuration, Apocrypha, Auspicious Body, Auspicious Mind, Bludgeoning DebasementB, Celerity, Cunning Body, Cunning Mind, Electricity Immunity, Eternal Freedom, Maven, Moderate Eradication, Mythic Runner, Mythic Skill Focus (Jump), Omnicompetent, Perfect Disarm, Perfect Initiative, Perfect Natural Attack (Slam), Perfect Sunder, Perfect Trip, Perfect Weapon Specialization (Slam)B, Quickness, Razor TongueB, Riotous Body, Riotous Mind, Self-HypnosisB, Seventh Sense, Superior Critical (Slam), Superior Leap Attack, Superior Natural Attack (Slam), Superior Power Attack, True Immortal Fortitude, True SeeingB, True Strike (Slam)B, Uncanny Cleave|
|Environment:||Paraelemental Plane of Metal|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic neutral|
|Advancement:||320-639 (Macro-Tiny), 640-1279 (Macro-Small), 1280+ (Macro-Medium)|
This is an advanced primal metal elemental made of pure orichalcum ore, the corpse of a sun. The metal is so densely compact that something made of orichalcum weighs more than a million times heavier than the same size in steel. This material has made the primal orichalcum elemental stronger and more durable than almost any deific creature.
A primal orichalcum elemental is 1152' tall and weighs over 7 zettatons, or 1.44e+25 pounds.
It has 4 arms, and while its Strength is unchanged when using them all, each arm is individually treated as having Strength 328.
When the primal orichalcum elemental charges, it can cover almost 11 miles, and its top speed when running all out is about 13,091 miles per hour, or 17 times the speed of sound.
While its slams alone can flatten all but the most durable of deific foes, if it leap attacks it can almost reach ten-thousand damage with each strike.
When it cleaves (which can be after a critical hit, of which it gets many) it can move its full distance while cleaving, possibly decimating everything in its path.
It summons natives to the Paraelemental Plane of Metal with its adjuration ability, including other primal orichalcum elementals.
A primal orichalcum elemental's natural attacks are treated as adamantine and divine (greater deity) for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. Its natural attacks also ignore up to 100 points of any and all forms of damage reduction and hardness (cannot reduce DR below zero).
- Augmented Critical (Ex): The slams of a primal orichalcum elemental threatens a critical hit on a roll of 18-20, doing triple damage on a successful critical hit (but see Superior Critical). Against lightning/electricity creatures, objects, and effects (see Lightning Bane), it's 6-20/x5.
- Crushing Fists (Ex): The slams of a primal orichalcum elemental use one-and-a-half times their Strength modifier in bonus damage. Furthermore, for the purpose of Power Attack, their slams are treated as two-handed weapons.
- Divine Sonic (Su): All sonic damage from a primal orichalcum elemental is half divine damage and thus ignores sonic resistance and immunity.
- Enhanced Fists (Su): The slams of a primal orichalcum elemental are magically enhanced, gaining a +80 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls.
- Heavy (Su): Refer to main page.
- Lightning Bane (Su): Primal orichalcum elementals gain a +38 bonus to: Bluff, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, +76 to attack rolls, +114 to weapon damage rolls, and its slams threaten a crit on a 6-20, doing x5 on a successful crit, against creatures native to the paraelemental plane of lightning or are strongly electric-themed (e.g. storm elementals) and against effects with the electricity descriptor (if capable) and related objects, such as a magic weapon crafted with a spell with the electricity descriptor. They also gain a +38 bonus to AC and/or saving throws (wherever applicable) when attacked or affected by the above.
- While on the paraelemental plane of lightning, the numeric bonuses are halved (+19/+38/+57), but while on the paraelemental plane of metal, the numeric bonuses are one-and-a-halved (+57/+114/+171).
- Pounce (Ex): If the primal orichalcum elemental charges, it can follow up with a full attack.
- Scream (Ex): As a free action once per round, a primal orichalcum elemental can shout as a 1,960'-cone breath weapon. Creatures in the area take 160d20 sonic damage (320d20 sonic per HD vs exposed brittle or crystalline object or crystalline creature) and are permanently deafened unless they make a DC 310 Fort save (which halves the damage and creatures are deafened for 1 hour). This is a sonic effect. DC is Con-based.
- Furthermore, any creature in a 3,840'-radius of the primal orichalcum elemental must make a DC 223 Will save or be cower for 8d8 rounds (instead frightened for 4d8 rounds on a successful save). This is a fear effect. DC is Cha-based. Creatures who fail the Fort save vs sonic/deafness take a -38 circumstance penalty on this save vs fear.
- Metal Mastery (Ex): +38 to attack rolls against foes with metal armor or are made of metal, and foes take a -38 penalty on attack rolls with a metal weapon or appendage. Against attacks that would heal it (see Steel Healing, below), the penalty is instead a +38 bonus.
- Elemental Mastery Bonus (Ex): Primal orichalcum elementals are effectively greater deities (divine rank 19) of an elemental nature, and as such add a +19 elemental mastery bonus to: armor class; attack rolls; checks (ability checks, caster level checks, skill checks, turning checks); difficulty class (for any special abilities, spell-like abilities, spells); hit points per hit die; initiative; saving throws; spell resistance; and weapon damage rolls. As a greater deity, they are unaffected by all antimagic effects.
- Orichalcum Healing (Su): So divinely attuned with its element is the primal orichalcum elemental that anything made of metal that would deal it damage instead heal it for 1 point for every point of damage it would otherwise inflict (as if it had no damage reduction). Sufficiently rare metals (such as orichalcum or neutronium, but not adamantine or mithral) deal damage normally (reduced by its damage reduction, as normal). The primal elemental cannot heal itself or other metal elementals with this ability in this manner.
- Orichalcum Toughness (Ex): This primal metal elemental is made of the solid ore of a cooled, dead sun. The primal elemental, made of material one million times heavier than steel, uses d100's for hit dice and has maximum hit points per hit die. It also gains 100/- damage reduction, which stacks with other forms of impenetrable damage reduction (overlaps others).
- Feats: Explained on the main metal elemental page if not in the SRD.
- Skill Tricks: Explained on the main metal elemental page.