Marpies (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Marpies are a somewhat disconnected lot, having been raised in some other plane than the material one.
Marpies are humanoid cloth dolls ranging from five to seven feet in height. They are generally stuffed with colored sand and cotton to delineate different organs. For facial features they have giant buttons, colored thread, and sometimes gemstones.
Marpies frequently make deals with other races, and are likely to keep them too.
Marpies tend towards whatever plane they originally originated from.
Marpies don't fare well in moldy or burning climates.
Marpies tend to worship a deity only if they are a minion of that deity.
Marpies speak a variety of languages.
Marpy names have precisely the same letter contents as ordinary words. Marpies only have one name each, other than their true name, of course. Some Marpy names: Ectalirpit, Nofitabcous, Slenshaserms, Pehes, and Bonkordo
- Outsider (Native): Marpies are outsiders bound to puppets. This gives them 60 foot Darkvision, but no weapon or armor proficiencies. While Marpies are not technically native to this plane, their puppet bodies give them a dual nature, meaning that they can be revived with spells that restore souls to their bodies. Marpies need to breathe, eat, and sleep. Marpies eat materials appropriate for their native plane. (Fire Marpies eat burning things and lava, Air Marpies just breathe, Shadow Marpies need to be in places of complete darkness every once in a while, etcera.)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, Marpies get no bonuses or penalties based on size.
- Marpy base land speed is 30 feet.
- Marpies are not healed with Heal checks. Instead, a Craft (Puppet), Craft (Cloth), or some other such craft skill is necessary. Positive energy still heals them, though.
- Flammable (Ex): Marpies are flammable. While burning, they take 1d4 fire damage each round. They or some other character can spend a full-round action to put them out.
- Planar Benefits (Su): Earth Marpies gain DR 1/-. Fire Marpies gain fire resistance 10, making them functionally nonflammable. Air Marpies weigh half as much and get +5 to Jump, Climb, and Tumble checks. Water Marpies get +5 to Disguise, Bluff, and Diplomacy checks. Negative Marpies are healed by negative energy as well as by positive energy. Positive Marpies gain fast healing 1. Astral Marpies can cast Dimension Door once per day as a full-round action with a caster level equal to their class level. Ethereal Marpies can cast Invisibility once per day as a full-round action with a caster level equal to their class level. Shadow Marpies get +5 to Hide, Move Silently, and Concentration checks. Divine Marpies can summon their Deity's favored weapon at will as a standard action: weapons summoned this way are obviously magical and disappear after one minute. In addition, Divine Marpies gain the domain bonus of one of their deity's domains.
- Automatic Languages: Common and one language appropriate to natives of the Marpy's home plane. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Self Telekinetist. Marpies animate their bodies without the use of practical things like muscles, and so are perfectly suited for the ancient art of self telekinesis.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||1000 years||2000 years||+10d100 years|
|Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|4' 7"||+5d6"||150 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|