Malady (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The personalities of Malady tend to be cruel and sadistic at best. They are masters of acting and may seem to give off the impression of a kind soul.
A Malady looks similar to their succubus mothers save for the fact that they lack wings and a tail. However, they do inherit their father's fangs - literally. Otherwise, they seem like a normal human with pale skin, fair hair and a admirable figure. Notably, Malady are ageless and cease to show visible signs of aging after they begin adulthood. Although, some may cease the aging process at an earlier date.
Malady tend to fit into societies quite well due to their succubus heritage. Although, if and when a cleric discovers their undead core, some debate usually ensues which ends in the exile or execution of the Malady.
Usually evil, their law-chaos axis tends vary.
Malady live nearly anywhere that is heavily populated (usually by humanoid races).
Religion is a rather ambiguous topic with Malady. They are usually servants of the lord of their succubus mother.
In terms of languages, Malady are fluent in Abyssal and Common.
Common names follow the scheme of mal-factors such as Pestilence, Curse, Evil, Destruction, etc.
- +4 Charisma, −2 Intelligence −2 Wisdom; +2 Strength if Male, +2 Dexterity if Female
- Outsider (Native)
- Malady base land speed is 30 feet
- Blood Lust (Ex): A Malady requires one pint of blood every day (which can be obtained through a single bite attack). A Malady gains a +2 competence bonus to Charisma for 10 minutes after having consumed a pint of blood. However, if the Malady has not consumed at least one pint of blood over the course of 24-hours, they will become fatigues with no save. After a week, without blood, the condition will worsen to exhausted. This condition may be alleviated by consuming a pint of blood.
- Bite Attack: The Malady has a natural bite attack which deals 1d6 damage.
- Chains of Undeath (Ex): A Malady, like undead, is healed by negative energy and damaged by positive energy. A Malady is also subject to turning (although, it has +4 turn resistance).
- Force of Personality (Ex): A Malady gain a +2 bonus to all checks using charisma.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day— Suggestion. Caster level is equal to a Malady's HD. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal and Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Beguiler.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|16 years||35 years||60 years||+5d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 5"||+3d4||125 lb.||× 3 lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+1d10||90 lb.||× (2) lb.|