Maert (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
The maert are a race that dwells in the dark lower reaches of Orth-Klamon, a planet that belongs to the dakor. But the dakor only control the upper reaches of Orth-Klamon. The lower reaches belong to the maert, a so-called "Nightmare species". Orth-Klamon is the furthest colony of the Dakor Empire, and the last planet encountered by the ill-fated Heavens I. The magnificent ship crashed on Orth-Klamon in 2604, and the remaining passengers and crew were either killed by the maert or captured by the dakor and questioned.
- +4 charisma, +2 dexterity, +2 constitution, -2 wisdom.
- Medium Humanoid (Maert)
- Maert base land speed is 50 ft.
- Improved Low-Light Vision.
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Inspire Fear (ex): a maert can fully extend their back and head frills and expand their jaws to an inconceivable width, creating an effect so terrifying any intelligent creature beholding them must succead on a dc (10 + maert's HD + maert's charisma modifier) will save to avoid being Panicked for 1d10 +maert's charisma modifier rounds. If the will save is succsesful the victem can only become Frightened by the Inspire fear ability for the next 24 hours.
- Natural Weapons: bite (1d6 + strength).
- +2 racial bonus on spot and listen checks. +8 racial bonus on move silently, hide, and intimidate checks.
- Camouflage (su): maert can use the the hide skill in any sort of terrain, even if the terrain doesn’t grant cover or concealment.
- Automatic Languages: Maert tribal dialect. Bonus Languages: Any other Dakorian Language.
- Favored Class: Tough Hero.
- Level Adjustment: +2