Lizardfolk, Marsh Shadow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Marsh Shadow Lizardfolk
Preferring to inhabit the bogs and the deadly jungles in the southern regions, these dark-scaled lizardfolk are well adapted to their semi-aquatic life. Marsh shadows have long faces resembling a crocodile, and are sometimes surprisingly strong for their wiry frames. Like their animal cousins, marsh shadows often hunt by lieing half-submerged in the dark, reedy water of their homes, hoping to ambush any creature which wanders too close.
They are proud and arrogant and are usually extremely hostile toward humans who trespass into the deep jungles,in their culture only the most powerful warrior rules the tribe.
 Physical Description
Marsh shadows usually stand 6 to 7 feet tall with green, dark bronze and blackish gray these scales to help them blend into the murky water.The Marsh shadow has a crocodile like head,they are equipped with jagged teeth that can deliever a powerful bite that can crush bone, tear and fillet meat. Their eyes are a very deep yellow or sometimes orange. Their thick neck connect to a lean but surprisingly muscular body.They use their tail for balance and propeling itself through the water,the tail is about 3 to 4 feet long.
Marsh shadows tend to keep to themselves, but of course they will do trade when in need of supplies or if given contracts to navigate people through the unforgiving swamps. Most people think of them as savages,for this reason people tend not to trust the marsh shadow.
Marsh shadows live very difficult lives so they generally care not for morals, their main concern is survival above all else.
The Marsh Shadows live in swampy,marsh like regions. The Marsh shadows use their natural coloring when hunting prey by blending into the murky waters.
Marsh Shadows are known to worship gods of water,survival and jungles.
Marsh shadows are raised to learn Draconic, although in some cases they learn to pick up Common to deal with humans and other trespassers.
Lizardfolk names are invariably Draconic nouns.
 Racial Traits
The marsh shadow lizardfolk have the following racial traits:
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Dexterity,+2 Constitution,-2 Intelligence
- Size: Medium
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: A marsh shadow's scaly skin provides it with a +3 natural armor bonus to its Armor Class.
- Tail: A marsh shadow's long tail gives it exceptional balance,granting it great jumping skill and helps propel it through the water ,a marsh shadow gains a +4 racial bonus on all Balance, Swim and Jump checks.
- Camouflage: Marsh shadows' rough scale pattern and dark coloring give them a +2 to Hide checks in swampy environments.
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and bumpy, scaly bodies, marsh shadows must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.)
- Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus languages: Aquan, Gnoll and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Marsh shadow, Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Racial Class
|Marsh Shadow Racial Class|
|1||+0||+0||+2||+0||Natural Weapons, +1 Natural Armor, Save Bonus|
|2||+1||+0||+3||+0||Hold Breath, Acid Resistance 2|
|3||+2||+1||+3||+1||Acid, +1 Natural Armor|
|4||+3||+1||+4||+1||+2 Str, Acid Resistance 5|
Hit Die: d8
Skill points at 1st Character level: (2 + Int bonus) x 4
Skill points at higher levels: 2 + Int bonus
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str) Spot (Wis) And Move Silently (Dex)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Lizardfolk are proficient with all simple weapons and shields.
- Natural Weapons: A 1st level marsh shadow can attack with its natural weapons, 2 claws (1d4) and a bite (1d4) as a secondary attack. The lizardfolk also qualifies for the multi-attack feat.
- Save Bonus: Due to the numerous toxic creatures and conditions marsh shadows encounter in their normal habitat, they develop a resistance in the form of a +2 on saving throws against poison.
- Hold Breath (Ex): At 2nd level, a marsh shadow gains the ability to hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to four times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Acid Resistance: Whether as a result of their distant draconic heritage or simply a means of coping with the species' own corrosive saliva, marsh shadows develop a resistance to acid which increases at 3rd level.
- Acid: At 3rd level, a marsh shadow ravenous stomach produces so much acid that its bite even becomes caustic, doing an additional 1d4 acid damage. In addition, as a standard action, these lizardfolk can spray this acid to a range of ten feet. If the target fails a Ref save, he takes 1d4 damage and receives a -2 to Attack, Spot and Search checks as the burning liquid impairs his vision. The DC of the save is 10 + 1/2 Racial Hit Dice + Con bonus of the lizardfolk.
- Ability Score Increase: At 4th level, a marsh shadow increases its Strength score by 2 points. This is a permanent ability improvement.
 Marsh Shadow Lizardfolk Campaign Setting Options