Hive Mind (3.5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
A Hive Mind creature is bonded with other hive minds. They share their abilities.
Creating a Hive Mind
Hive Mind is an inherited template that can be added to any creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature).
Size and Type
Size is unchanged. All Hive Minds gain the Augmented subtype.
Vital Connection (Su): Whenever a Hive Mind is within 100 feet of another Hive Mind, they gain each other's abilities (see below). A Hive Mind may communicate with any other Hive Mind within 100 feet telepathically.
A Hive Mind gains a number of abilities. These abilities vary in strength and are shared by their 'Vital Connection' ability. For each 2 points a Hive Mind spends on abilities they gain a +1 level adjustment. The number of points a mind hive gains is equal to the amount of HD it possesses.
One point abilities:
- +4 Natural Armor
- +2 Dodge Bonus to AC
- +2 Bonus to attack with melee weapons
- +2 Bonus to attack with ranged weapons
- +2 Bonus to damage with melee weapons
- +2 Bonus to damage with ranged weapons
- +2 to any one ability score
- +10 to one type of energy resistance
- +5 to any one save
- Spell resistance 5 + 1/2 HD
- +10 Base land speed
- Poison Immunity
- Disease Immunity
- +4 bonus to initiative checks
- Continuous Search: +2 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. You are in constant search mode as the elf racial ability. Those who merely pass within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- +5 bonus to any one skill
- Hive Minds are treated as true neutral creatures (may be treated as previous alignment if they wish), this allows them to trick divination spells and factor in all ways neutral.
Two point abilities:
- Fast healing 5
- Gain a fly speed equal to your land speed (with good menuverability)
- Gain a swim speed equal to your land speed, you also gain the ability to breath underwater.
- Double the threat range of all attacks
- Ability Damage Immunity
- 20% Concealment
- Vampiric: When a Hive Mind deals damage it gains that much life back.
- A Hive Mind may cast 0 level spells (cantrips) as a wizard of equal level.
- A Hive Mind may provoke an enemy to attack it. This is a move action and has a will save DC of 10 + Hive Mind's HD + the Hive Mind's Charisma Modifier.
- A Hive Mind's natural attacks cause poison (DC 10 + Hive Mind's HD) which causes 1d4 strength damage both initially and secondary.
Three point abilities:
- Regeneration 5
- Spell resistance 10 + HD
- A Hive Mind gains a second attack at its full base attack bonus.
- When a Hive Mind gets attacked its attack takes 4 damage.
- When a Hive Mind attacks it deals 4 damage to its target (No save).
- A Hive Mind's natural attacks cause poison (DC 10 + Hive Mind's HD) which causes 1d6 constitution damage both initially and secondary.
Four point abilities:
- Summon Hive Mind: Allows the Hive Mind to summon a creature as if it had just cast Summon Monster I. This takes a full round action and provokes attacks of opportunity. It summons a creature similar to its original counterpart except it doesn't gain the Celestial or the Fiendish template and it gains the Hive Mind template (with a level adjustment of +1).
- Counter Regeneration: When a Hive Mind is dealt damage it gains an additional hit point onto its total. This means that the Hive Mind's maximum hit points get increased by one, this is a permanent affect.
- Anti Magic Field: A Hive Mind emits an Anti Magic Field which acts in all ways identical to the spell.
- A Hive Mind gains +1 to attack, damage and health for each other Hive Mind within 100ft.
- Imbue Hive Mind: A Hive Mind may use this ability as a full round action. The target of a melee touch attack gains the Hive Mind template if it doesn't pass a will save DC of 10 + ECL + the Hive Mind's Charisma Modifier.
- Immunity to one energy type.
Five point abilities:
- For every ten damage you deal you gain an ally as if you had used the Summon Hive Mind ability.
- Revive Hive Mind: A Hive Mind may cast Raise Dead at will but only to raise other Hive Minds.
- Incorporealness: A Hive Mind is Incorporeal.
Usually in a hive or close proximity (be it a town or a forest).
1 per two points spent on abilities (See above).
As base creature.
As base creature.
1 per two points spent on abilities (See above). A Hive Mind has a minimum level adjustment of 1.