Heni (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (Cold)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+2 (6 hp)|
|Speed:||30 ft., swim 50 ft.|
|Armor Class:||13 (+1 Dex), touch 11, flat-footed 12|
|Attack:||Shortbow +1 ranged (1d6/x3) or spear +2 melee (1d8/x3)|
|Full Attack:||Shortbow +1 ranged (1d6/x3) or spear +2 melee (1d8/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Qualities:||Heni traits|
|Saves:||Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1|
|Abilities:||Str 13, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 10|
|Skills:||Listen +2, Spot +2, Swim +9|
|Feats:||Alertness, extra feat|
|Organization:||Muster (2–4), cluster (11–16 plus 2 3rd-level adults and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or assembly (30–80 plus 30% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level adult per 10 adolescents, 5 5th-level clerics, 3 7th-level shamans, plus 10% wolves [cold subtype])|
|Alignment:||Usually lawful neutral|
|Advancement:||By character class|
A group of many-colored humanoids spots you just over the hill. They would almost look human if it wasn't for their numerous fish-like characteristics. Before you can call out to draw their attention they flee, leaving behind only footprints.
Heni are lithe and beautiful aquatic humanoids with webbed hands, fins, and seaweed like "hair". They rarely wear clothing because their bodies are so perfectly adapted for cold climates, and they never wear armor because they so rarely get into confrontations. When they are encountered by outsiders it is primarily in water and armed with a fishing spear. If encountered on land they'll likely have nothing at all. For further information, read the article on the Heni (DnD race).
Heni detest fighting even in self-defense, and even then if pitted against sapient races they're more likely to flee. When they do fight it is always in groups - you'll never encounter just one heni. They are skilled with spears and bows and they'll employ both with great skill. At any time, if possible, they will dive into a nearby body of water and swim to safety.
Heni Traits (Ex): Heni possess the following traits.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Heni are a hearty and physically attractive people, but their fear of any culture other than their own makes them narrow-minded and predictable.
- Humanoid (Cold).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, heni have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Heni base land speed is 30 ft., swim is 50 ft. (+8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line).
- Floetreading (Ex): All heni have intimate knowledge of arctic environments, and gain +4 racial bonus to Survival and Track checks in these places.
- Love the Land, Need the Sea (Ex): A heni can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 2x its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Low-Light Vision.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level. A heni must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +4 racial bonus on attack rolls against animals with the aquatic or cold subtype.
- Automatic Languages: Hashuurihe. Bonus Languages: Common or Aquan.
- Favored Class: Shaman. Barbarian's and fighters are slightly less common, while druids and bards make up a smaller population. Other classes are all but unheard of.
- Level Adjustment: +0