Heart of Light (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Heart of Light
The heart of light is born from great cataclysms of light and holy power, be it a massive portal to the plane of positive energy or celestial planes, the death of a deific light god or holy being, or other shocks to the fabric of the universe. Though it resembles a smooth polished crystal sphere no larger than a large softball, it is space wrapped up tightly around a torn off fragment of the holy plane itself. Born of great holy powers, it is treasured by clerics and paladin orders.
Upon touching a heart of light you feel as if it is exuding peace and tranquility, enveloping you in a warmth, accompanied by a soothing sense of security. If a subject spends 3 full round actions focusing on the sphere, they will be able to draw out some of its power. It may bestow one of these Blessings of Light once a month per person. Once drawn, they gain one of the supernatural abilities below, and cannot change it until at least 1 month has past. If they so which after, they may attune with the sphere again and gain a new benefit, losing their old benefit. These powers can be suppressed in an antimagic field, or suppressed for 1d4 rounds if successfully dispelled (CL equals to subject's HD). A disjunction may destroy the effect, but the subject can attune and re-gain their power if 1 month has already passed. Select from below.
Blessings of Light
- Cloak of Light: Your body is wrapped in a constant holy aura which allows you to deal 2d6 divine damage on all your physical attacks. Those striking you with natural weapons or grappling also take this damage. It may be suppressed or activated as a free action once per round, and does not function if you are unconscious. Undead take additional 1d6 damage when subject to this.
- Holy Radiance: You gain the good subtype, and holy energies swirls around you protectively, granting a constant Holy Aura effect that wraps tight around your body. Your clothes and hair seem to glow in a warm light. You can spend one free action to dismiss this effect; It takes a standard action to invoke it, again, however.
- Good Affinity: Your spells warm and radiate, and your caster level for good or Healing spells rises by 4. In addition any metamagic applied to a good or Healing spell has its metamagic cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 1). When casting your magic effects often have bright yet soothing light emanating from them, and leave painlessness upon foes, letting them fade away peacefully.
- Lightrunner: Blessed with the holy power, your body can travel along the infinite rays of light that bathe your surroundings. So long as there is a abundant source of light around you (Meaning, so long as visibility is possible without the use of Low-light or Darkvision.), you can teleport every 1d4 rounds, to any other area in similar conditions. This is only possible if there is a path available between you and your destination in the same conditions, which can be over mountains, through forests, even through buildings and creatures; So long as there is light in the path, it can be traversed.
- Blessed Servant: An Angel is bound into your soul, allowing you to call (or dismiss) an angel as a standard action. The angel's size and level is based on your HD, and is the same angel each time. This elemental is 1-3 HD (Small), 4-6 HD (Medium), 7-9 HD (Large), 10-12 HD (Huge), 13-15 HD (Greater), 16-18 HD (Elder), 19-20 HD (Elder +3 HD added). In addition you learn the associated language, Celestial. If your angel dies, it cannot be returned until a raise dead or similar spell is cast, which functions normally in spite of the Angel traits.
- Evagelical Meditation: You push your body and mind to the limits, entering a sort of "divine rage". Succeed on a concentration check DC 15, and gain +4 to Cha and Int, +2 on all skill checks based on concentration, understanding, or communicating with others, and +2 to effective caster level on all good and Healing. This divine rage lasts for 3+your newly modified wisdom modifier rounds, and is often accompanied by a burst of light, and leaves trails of glowing particles. When it ends you are shaken for 1 minute as your mind reels from the effort. You can only enter evangelical meditation 1/encounter, but there is no literal limit to the number of times it may be entered. However, each time it is successfully entered, the DC on all future concentration checks will rise by +5. This count can be reset by receiving a new blessing, although the normal requirements still apply (i.e. at least 1 month must have passed since the last blessing)
If the heart of light is held in hand, it grants its user several spell-like abilities. A heart of light has 20 charges and recovers them at 1 charge per day. Each spell level consumes that many charges (a 8th level spell is 8 charges, a 3rd level spell is 3 charges, a 0th level spell is 0 charges and thus can be used at will). It uses its current wielder's HD as its caster level and its wielder's primary casting score (default Cha for non-casters). A user can only use spells up to a level available as a wizard of his level. So, a 13 HD character can only cast up to 7th level spells.
- 2nd-Calm Emotions
- 3rd-Searing Light
- 4th-Divine Power
- 7th-Restoration, Greater
- 8th-Holy Aura
The heart of light may be recharged quicker by any spellcaster, by expending spell slots as a standard action. The sphere absorbs its spell level worth of charges into the sphere.