Heart-Reachers (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
They are very distant from everyone, almost like they don't belong. They use about three hours of their day for training, split evenly between a physical work out and a mental work out.
 Physical Description
They stand between 5'6" and 7'2" tall, weigh from 140 to 300 lbs, and they always have one blue eye and one green eye. Their skin color ranges from pale white to walnut brown, and even a few metallic colors. Each heart-reacher has a five inch scar above his dominant eye.
Heart-reachers are almost always lawful. A deep sense of order runs through them, even if they feel destructive urges.
Tropical climates are their favored habitat, but they can live in temperate as well as northern climates as well.
They worship lawful deities. Among these, they commonly worship Heironeous, Hextor. Some heart-reachers choose to not pay homage to deities.
They speak Common, but can talk to any being by reaching out with their Heart Reach ability.
Their names are whatever they wish them to be once they reach adulthood at 30 years of age. Until then, their parents either call them G, N, or E.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, −2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Their daily ritual of meditation requires them to do pull-ups while they think about their role in the world. This training builds a strong body and sharp mind during their youth. They don't reflect on their actions, and are not very flexible. They have a way with words and deeds that makes them well liked.
- Heart-Reacher base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immortal Blood (Ex): Heart-reachers never age past their 30th year. They do not accrue bonuses or penalties for aging nor do they die of old age.
- Quick Healer (Ex): Heart-reachers can heal very quickly, they heal one point of damage every hour.
- +2 against poison saves.
- +1 to sense motive, bluff, and intimidate.
- Heart-Reach (Ex): Once per round, a heart-reacher may make a touch attack against an adjacent target. If the touch succeeds, the heart-reacher must make a Will save DC 10+HD of target. If he succeeds, he can reach out to that creature and feel its emotions and comunicate with the creature for 24 hours, as a free action. If the heart-reacher fails the save he is dazed for 1 + target's Intelligence modifier rounds (minimum of 1 round). The heart-reacher can have 1 contact per every 4 HD. If he has a familiar/mount/animal companion, he automatically gains them as connections and do not count against his total.
- Fast Movement (Ex): A heart-reacher’s land speed improves by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the heart reacher’s speed because of any load carried or armor worn.
- Our World
- Automatic Languages: Common, Mind Speak. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Paladin
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'6"||+1d20||140 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||5'4"||+1d20||130 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|