Groundbolds (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Groundbold's are normaly nocturnal creatures, and during the day are grumpy, cruel and sadisitic in their methods. During the night, if well rested, a groundbold is normally a cheerful, charasmatic creature. of course, you can't tell any of this...due to the fact they can only say "groundbold!"
 Physical Description
Groundbolds, ulike thier distant relatives, kobolds, are more of a dog like creature,with some characteristics of a simple dog. the majority of groundbolds have fur coated bodies, with mole like claws on their hands. their heads are similer to that of a pug's, with a rabbit like nose. a groundbld can reach upto around 5' in height. their small size allows groundbolds accses to areas normally unreachable by most races, and their moleclaws allow them to burrow a short distance into the ground. due to their fur, groundbolds seldom wear clothing, unless it is to help them blend in. groundbolds come in the following colours: brown, black, white, gray, green.
Due to their nocturnal natures, and their inability to speak anything but goundbold, the majority of races ignore groundbolds, treating them as outsiders, and in a few races (for example, elf, human, orc) nothing more than simpleminded pray. Kolbolds however, due to their ability to understand groundbold, are on good terms with groundbolds, and are a groundbolds main way of trading and commuicating with other species.
Groundbolds,due o being a tunneling based creatures, often find themselvs digging into Places they shouldn't be. after years of this, groundbolds have taken a curiouse fascination of trespassing. due to this, they are never any good based alignment. they are either: neautral, chaotic neautral, lawful evil chaotic evil.
Groundbolds, being tunneling based creatures, are use to living in dark, carven like areas. they are, however, use to rocky areas, or dark places. they are also ok with high places, due to years of living in rough terrain has made them use to climbing. infact, the only places they are not that good with is aboutsea level, or anywhere fille with water.
Groundbolds, although not the mot religiouse of races, have adapted themselvs for ALL religions. their main god though is varuckt, lord and master of the earth and climbing
Groundbolds, by all accounts, speak a tiny bit of comman (the basics, like: hello, my name is, goodbye, I'm hungry). their main language is, naturally, groundboldian, but they can also speak kobold. groundbolds can understand orc, comman, trollish, elivish.
Groundbold names are most often dictated by when they were born, where they were born, who their parenal groundbolds were, or the very first thing they saw outside their caverns. for example: "Winters, craggyhole, Midsummer junior, blade-of-grass"
 Racial Traits
- Ability modifiers: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con, -2 Str: Due to their small size, groundbolds find it easier to duck and weaver through opponents,with a basic instinct their race poses. however, due to their small size, they are not particularly strong, and seldom get nto fights, so do not have as much health as one would expect
- Humanoid: although their features look animalistic, groundbolds are human like in proportions.
- Small: As a Small creature, a groundbold gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Burrow: A creature with a burrow speed can tunnel through dirt, but not through rock unless the descriptive text says otherwise. Creatures cannot charge or run while burrowing. Most burrowing creatures do not leave behind tunnels other creatures can use (either because the material they tunnel through fills in behind them or because they do not actually dislocate any material when burrowing); see the individual creature descriptions for details.
- Base land speed is 20 feet. If running on all fours, a groundbold can move 40ft, but can not attack. Groundbolds have a burrow speed of 20ft
- Ground bolds gain +2 to climb and move silently checks
- Automatic Languages: groundbold, kobold, basic common. Bonus Languages: draconic, mere-creatures, elvish, orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||40 years||60 years||+100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+1d4||50 lb.||× (25)lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+1d4||lb.||× (23)lb.|