Gardevoir (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Often easy-going by nature, a Gardevoir has a very fierce sense of emotional loyalty, often guarding those they have an emotional attachment to with their life. They're quick to make friends and slow to let them go, although some acts can't be forgiven - mostly, Chaotic or Evil acts.
Gardevoirs average five foot three and 106.7 lbs. They have a somewhat round head, although this is mostly formed by a natural green hair. Their skin is off-white, their eyes red. The hair is green, as are the arms. They have a red horn protruding from their chests, and a similar but smaller one on their back. They have white protrusions that form a dress and are green on the base, under which lie two very thin white legs. They have a green mark around their upper torso, which dips down to the base of the horn and rises to cover the shoulder. The general form is humanoid, although they have no visible mouth when they keep it closed. Their ears taper into three distinct points. There are very rare alternate colourations, in which the green aspects become blue, and the eyes become amber. Other colourations are probably artificial. Breast size on females is often small - a human B cup at most - with male crotch size being likewise diminished.
Having a naturally high intelligence, Gardevoirs understand the value of society and preserving nature. As a result, they are friendly with both Humans and Elves, preferring the latter. Likewise, they dislike the mining races of Dwarves and Gnomes for their environmentally destructive methods. However, as a whole they remain friendly where they can.
For the most part, Gardevoirs are willing to follow a set of rules. As a result, they are very often lawful and/or good.
Gardevoirs are, by nature, fond of wide open spaces and organisation. They can often be found in primitive-looking wooden structures gathered on grassy plains, although these structures are surprisingly sound. If given the option, they will live within human abodes, although some do suffer mild discomfort from this.
Gardevoirs firmly believe in the existence of Arceus, a Lawful Neutral deity. However, they believe that Arceus only watches, and will only intervene in the most dire of situations. For the most part, they act as if they had no deity. A few choose to serve him, and these often take positions such as cleric.
For the most part, Gardevoirs speak in their native language of Ralian. However, most of them, especially those who live in urban areas, can also speak Common. Ralian consists of the syllables "Gar", "De" and "Voir" and, similar to the Pikachu's language, is very difficult for non-Gardevoirs to understand. Ralian does not have an alphabet.
Most Gardevoirs often relate to others as simply Gardevoir, although those that are emotionally close can give each other nicknames. If the Gardevoir is urban, it will often adapt a name similar to the names of the race they live with.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution: Gardevoirs are naturally intelligent, although their physical strength is greatly lacking.
- Medium: No bonuses or penalties from size
- Gardevoir base land speed is 30 feet
- Naturally Psionic: Gardevoirs start off with 1 power point at first level.
- Natural Telekinesis(Ps): Gardevoirs have a very high telekinetic capability. As a free action, they may use Mage Hand without penalty. At level ten, they can also use Telekinesis as a free action.
- Natural Telepathy(Ps): Gardevoirs may project their thoughts to targets up to 50ft away. They may send thoughts in any language they can speak or read, although the target must be able to speak the language to understand it. They may also attempt to read the surface thoughts; the target must either be willing or fail a Will save (DC 15 + the Gardevoir's level) for the thoughts to be read. This is a standard action.
- Elegant: All Gardevoirs earn a +2 to their Perform skills OR to their Profession skills, at the player's decision. This can not affect both Perform and Profession, and is determined at the character's creation. Perform and Profession become trained if they are selected.
- Sense Emotions: All Gardevoirs have a +2 bonus to Spot, Search, Sense Motive, Diplomacy and Listen checks if the target is alive. Undead creatures do not count as alive for this purpose. The DM applies this bonus secretly, should it apply.
- Automatic Languages: Ralian, Common. Bonus Languages: Any (except for secret languages, such as Druidic)
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer or any Psion.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+1d6||100 lb.||+ 1d20/10 lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+1d6||100 lb.||+ 1d20/10 lb.|
This page is semi-protected because the author has asked that no changes be made to this page by IPs.
If you are an IP and you see a problem on this page please discuss it on the talk page.