Furbolgs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|A "race's compendium" race created by|
Wild and crazy folks, Furbolgs are the strangest beings in existence. Furbolgs have Psionic powers that help them control fire. They have red, orange, blue, gold and platinum hair, red or green freckles, and their eye colors can be lavender, blue, red, or golden. The only feature that REALLY lets someone know that they are a Furbolg is a scruffy tail, slight claws, and cat-like ears, but otherwise, they look like normal humans.
Furbolg Racial Traits
- −2 Wisdom: Furbolgs don’t actually have a lot of common sense, and tend to be more ‘out-of-it’ than other races.
- Medium: As Medium-sized creatures, Furbolgs have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Furbolg base land speed is 30 feet.
- Furbolgs are borderline insane, and as such, have a tendency to scare quite a few people. When dealing with other races, they receive a +4 to all Intimidate checks, but get a -4 to all Diplomacy checks
- Due to their keen ears, Furbolgs gain a +2 racial bonus to all Listen checks. Listen is counted as a class skill for Furbolgs, and they may take 10 on Listen checks, even under stressful conditions.
- Furbolgs can throw fireballs at will. Unlike normal fire, Furbolg fire goes out right after doing damage. A Furbolg fireball does 1d4 + (1/2 the Furbolg's HD) in fire damage. It has a range of 50 feet.
- Weather Resistant: Furbolgs are immune to the effects of hot weather. For example, while in the desert, a Furbolg need never roll a Fort. save. However, should he be in a room with sweltering heat, he does need to roll a save. However, in said case, he receives half his HD in a bonus to the saving throw. Also, these saves don’t apply to being burned by say, magma or fire.
- Fire resistance of 2
- Claws: A Furbolg's sharp claws deal 1d4 points of lethal damage with a successful unarmed attack. A Furbolg can make only one unarmed attack per round, using a claw attack.
- Naturally Psionic: a furbolg gets one bonus power point
- Tail: If a Furbolg's comes in quite handy. First, it gives the Furbolg a +2 racial bonus to all balance checks. Also, should the Furbolg want too, if during a round she struck someone with an unarmed attack, she can make a trip attack as well without provoking an attack of opportunity. However, the tail isn’t that strong, and thus, you should only apply half of the Furbolgs strength bonus to the trip attack.
- Automatic Languages: Furbolg and Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +0