| This material is published under the OGL
The Fremen are desert dwelling humanoids. They have adapted to the desert and live in large sietches, each lead by a naib. They follow the religious teachings of their Sayyadina (Reverand) Mothers and the Shai Halud. Fremen practice fertility in order to weed out male infertility. Most of their clothing is brown, tan or black. Fremen often wear stilsuits in the desert to recapture lost body water. A properly equiped Fremen can survive for over a week in the deep desert without food or water. Fremen are the same size as humans though slighly less heavy due to diet. The main distinguishing feature is their blue in blue eyes resulting from their spice diet.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, –2 Charisma. Fremen have high endurance from the desert and are fast warriors from a lifetime of training, but are frightening to other races.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Fremen have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Fremen base land speed is 30 feet.
- Fremen suffer no ill effects from extreme conditions as if they had a permanent Endure Elements spell. Fremen also gain a +2 bonus to attack when using a light melee weapon. This bonus increases to +4 when using a dagger.
- Low-Light Vision: A fremen can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Fremen are proficient with all simple weapons along with the short and long swords, the short and long bows, handaxe, rapier, kukri and picks.
- +2 racial bonus on Endurance, Search, SRD:Survival, and Spot checks. Fremen can also ride worms, snakes or other worm-like creatures (centipedes, etc.) 1/day with a successful ride check. The creature must be at least a Large creature.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Chakobsa. Bonus Languages: Any other than secret ones (such as druidic).
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Table: Fremen Random Starting Ages
| 12 years
Table: Fremen Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 35 years
|| 53 years
|| 70 years
|| +2d20 years
Table: Fremen Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4’ 10”
|| 110 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
|| 4’ 5”
|| 75 lb.
|| × (2d4) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races