Elves, Variant Darkmoon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Darkmoon Elves
The darkmoon elves were once the same as drow. Over the countless millennia that the drow have inhabited the Underdark, many have doubted Lolth as a worthy goddess to worship. Those who have openly opposed her are faced with death, or worse, being transformed into a drider. The lucky few that have been able to escape from the Underdark have banded together from time to time to oppose their subterranean brothers but never formed a true group. It wasn’t until the legendary Drizzt Do’Urden and his adventures on the surface that these above-ground drow formed a new society. Years passed and more and more drow emerged from the Underdark to join the newly formed clan of darkmoon elves. With each new generation born, tolerance of the sun grew within the tribe, as did the lines separating this fledgling race from their accursed cousins, the drow.
Darkmoon elves show no fear, be it during a hunt or facing a giant single-handedly. Darkmoons have fierce loyalty to others of their kind, and despise drow above all others. Darkmoon elves may not be the friendliest race, but they are amicable to most races that are willing to return the favor.
 Physical Description
Darkmoon elves still bear a strong resemblance to drow. Their skin is usually obsidian black, but albinos still exist. Hair color can be gray, white, silver, or red, although red is far less common in darkmoons. Eye color is the main difference. While drow usually have red eyes, darkmoons never do. Eye color can be green, gold, blue, or even lavender (although this is rare).
Though they are a unified race, darkmoon elves have no real place to call their homeland.
While not all darkmoon elves practice a religion, those that do tend to worship Sehanine Moonbow, Daughter of the Night Skies, Goddess of the Moon, and Pelor, The Shining One, God of the Sun. Sehanine is worshiped for the blessing that each night's moon brings to the darkmoon elves. Pelor is worshiped for the gifts the sun provides, including its gift of a barrier between the darkmoons who thrive in its radiance and the drow who cower in fear from its flames.
Darkmoon Elves speak Elven, Darkmoon Sign, and Common.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: —
- Humanoid (Elf, Feyblood)
- Darkmoon elf base land speed is 40ft.
- Darkvision: 60 ft.
- Low-Light Vision
- Immunity to magic sleep effects.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against any mind-affecting enchantments.
- Spell Resistance of 5+(1/Hit Dice).
- Blessing of the Moon (Su): A darkmoon elf receives a +1 racial bonus on all skill checks and saving throws when outside at night when the moon is showing.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the longbow, shortbow, and longsword
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, Search, Hide, Move Silently, and Sense Motive skill checks.
- A darkmoon elf that passes within 5 ft. of a secret door is entitled to a Search check as though actively searching for it.
- Automatic languages: Elven, Darkmoon Sign, Common. Bonus languages: Draconic, Undercommon, Dwarven, Gnomish, Gnoll, Orc.
- Favored class: Wizard
- Level adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|140 years||210 years||330 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d6||90 lbs.||× (1d6) lbs.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d6||75 lbs.||× (1d6) lbs.|