Elves, Silver, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Silver Elves are typically paranoid, and antisocial, often finding themselves remaining silent unless spoken to, if for no reason other than to prevent embarrassment. They typically stammer when speaking any language other than Elven, and find it especially difficult to adopt foreign cultural customs.
The Silver Elves are tall, pale and frail, looking almost skeletal in appearance. They are all albino, with red-pink pupils and silver-white hair, typically covering themselves in dark masks and robes in public to both hide and protect their frail skin from sunburns.
The Silver Elves as a whole are not typically social, and as such find themselves in secluded areas like mansions and laboratories. The Silver Elves no longer have an empire of their own after the last was destroyed, and now typically live under the employ of other races, working in libraries, research, and the like.
Silver Elves can be of any alignment, though they typically lean towards lawfulness, since their philosophies tend to be very studious and disciplined.
The Silver Elves were worshipers of the Undying Court back when they had an empire, but now most tend to share the the gods of their neighbors, or deny them altogether in favor of the arcane or technological.
Automatic: Elven, Common (broken). Bonus: --> Common (fluent), Draconic, Undercommon, Sylvan, Orc, Dwarven, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial
Male: Thorne, Ezreal, Lershac, Razan.
Female: Merill, Amaya, Belora, Taria
- +4 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength, -2 Charisma Silver elves are clever tinkers but socially awkward and weak.
- "Medium Humanoid (Elf)" Silver Elves are considered Elves for all purposes.
- Silver Elf base land speed is 40 feet: suffers double movement penalty for wearing armor
- Low-light vision: A Silver Elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to Sleep effects, and a +3 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Paranoia (Ex). As long as the Silver Elf wears no armor or light armor, they may add half their Int modifier to AC.
- Savant (Ex). The Silver Elf gains the full benefit of putting a skill point into a cross-class skill (rather than half). However, she is still limited by 1/2 HD in max ranks in a cross-class.
- Tools of the Trade (Ex).A Silver Elf gains double the circumstantial bonus from any equipment, gear, or reference that assists her on a dex-based or int-based check. (Library, thieves tools, magnifying glass, etc.)
- Tongue-Tied (Ex). Requires twice the number of bonus languages to learn a language. Spending one bonus language allows them to speak a broken version of the language. A Silver Elf reads and writes a broken language normally, but speech takes twice as long to convey and each word sent in a telepathic message counts as two.
- Antisocial (Ex). A Silver Elf takes a -4 to all social checks (diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, sense motive).
- Frail of Form (Ex). Suffers a -1 to all fortitude saves made to resist physical trauma or to stabilize.
- Any Silver Elf who passes within 5 ft of a secret door is entitled to a search check as though actively searching for it.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the Longsword, Longbow, Rapier, and all Elven weapons are considered martial.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Common (broken) Bonus Languages: Common (fluent), Draconic, Undercommon, Sylvan, Orc, Dwarven, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial
- Favored Class: Wizard
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|160 years||250 years||350 years||+ +4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'7"||+ 2d6||100 lb.||× ( 15*1d6) lb.|
|Female||5'5"||+2d6||100 lb.||× (10*1d6 ) lb.|