Elves, Moon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Moon Elves are even less expressive than their more common kin, showing a slight smile at elation or a furrowed brow at loathing. Typically moon elves remain aloof and distant from the world, not getting involved unless they are threatened. Unlike other elves, moon elves rarely focus on one goal with much fervor, preferring to remain flexible and learn many things at once. They are slow to make enemies, slower to make friends, and slower still to forget either. They tend to ignore the insults and berating of others and go on their way rather than give them the time.
Moon Elves are generally taller then there other elven brethren standing between 5'9" and 6'6", they weight on average between 120 - 160 lbs and have pale silvery skin that can tend into faint shades of blue, purple and pink. Their eyes are often a shade of purple or blue, rare cases have blue-green or violet-red eyes. Moon elves almost always have jet black hair and their incisor and canine teeth tend to be a great deal sharper and more pointed than other elves, giving their smile a foreboding look that takes away from their otherwise beautiful features.
Moon elves are primarily hemovores, subsisting on blood alone, however as they age they can adjust to be more carnivorous and actually eat some solid food. Though they can digest vegetable matter in small quantities, it can easily make them ill if it is used much beyond that of just a seasoning or occasional snack. As to what blood they drink, taste varies widely as with any race's appetite but generally the best tasting in descending order are: dragons, outsiders, fey, elves, other humanoids, animals, goblinoids. Most moon elves are fine with just animal blood and only drink from intelligent creatures if they are willing, intimate partners or if the moon elf is starving and desperate.
Moon elves get along well with forest and wild elves but less so with their more city bound kin. Given the time they get along well with highly intelligent beings of any type and are known to be particularly fond of fey, more so than usual. Moon elves are the only surface race of elf to not hold a hatred for the Drow and often have contact with the chosen of Eilistraee, however rarely contact underdark drow as the moon elves' neutrality is not a trait shared by their dark skinned kin. Other races often view moon elves with fear or disdain for their vampiric nature and even among allied races moon elves are expected to keep their eating habits to themselves in the privacy of their homes.
Most moon elves prefer a more rigid system of laws than their kin, tending more toward lawful than the typical elf.
Moon Elves are a smaller sub species and do not have a homeland nation to call their own, but rather share the lands of other elves. They tend to prefer the forest fortresses of the wood elves. There are some smaller outlying groups of moon elves in the northern forests who are more primal, but their lands are small holdings and not worthy of much note.
Moon Elves almost all worship Alucard, a Bat of Legend that supposedly granted them their power vampiric qualities. Worship of Alucard is one of the few pursuits which Moon Elves see through with great vigor and zeal. Priests of Alucard are more often druids than clerics, but the few clerics cast from the Beast, Animal, Knowledge and Death domains.
Common, Elven. But they can learn almost any other languages that they are physically able to perform.
Moon Elves are born into elf families and therefore have elven names.
- +2 intelligence, +2 wisdom, -2 Constitution, -2 charisma: Moon elves have brilliant senses and have quick minds. They often are aloof and aren't very social and like most elves are not terribly hearty.
- Moon Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects.
- Low-light Vision
- Darkvision: 60 feet.
- Light Sensitivity: Moon elves are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Vampiric Qualities: Bite: 1d3 points of damage Blood Drain: 1 Con damage on a successful pin and bite attack per round while the pin is maintained. Glutenous Lethargy: If a moon elf consumes more than twice her HD in blood, she enters a lethargic state, receiving -4 to all rolls. This lasts a total number of hours equal to half of the constitution consumed. Moon Elves are considered vampires for the purpose of applicable feats and prestige classes.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Abyssal, Dragonic, Celestial, Undercommon, Goblin, Gnoll, and Giant
- Favored Class: Any. Due to their avid persuit of knowledge, of any type, moon elves may have any class as a favored class.
- Level Adjustment: +0
A moon elf can consume their hit die in constitution to substitute a days' food.