Elratten (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Elratten are a vastly intelligent race of gnomes, who have come to lack the hardiness of their kin.
The Elratten are a very relaxed race, and come to view rules and laws as more of guidelines. They are, however, vastly intelligent. They are very calm, and collected, though they do have a temper if blatantly insulted. They love to build and design fantastic devices, and are very creative. They do think they are smarter than everybody else, due to being with the Ragnok for a long time.
The Elratten aren't very much like gnomes at all, though they are related. They have small and frail bodies, and they weigh about 30-35 pounds. They are 2'6" to 3' tall usually, and have a certain elvish quality about them. Maybe its the pointy ears. Their eyes have large irises, and are colored normally in either very deep colors, or very bright colors, with almost none being in the middle.
The Elratten generally get along with other races, judging individuals over whole races. They are very understanding of other cultures, and tend to have good relations with everybody. They share their home world and power with the Ragnok, with the Ragnok being the brawn and the Elratten being the brains.
The Elratten are generally Lawful or Neutral, though can be of any alignment due to their relationship with the Ragnok. They tend to view good and evil as two sides of a coin, and that one can't exist without the other. When they are Good or Evil, they tend to do neutral things by habit, and respect people of the opposite alignment.
The Elratten live on Alactera, a world in the shape of a disc that has bountiful resources. They have constructed large cities all along one side, though they can't get people to the other side without huge magical effort, and the Elratten that tried never came back. Their world has tons of natural resources, and the world generates them almost as fast as they use them. They keep building their cities upwards and out, mimicking the Great Mountain at the center of their world.
The Elratten either worship Koorgav, an ancient god of creation and destruction, or Kemlooki, the god of Expansion and industrialism. There is another god, unworshiped by many though forgotten by none, called Solplag, the god of chaos and Bloodimindium, one of the driving elements of nature. He was from a time when the Elratten were at war with the Ragnok, which caused vast storms of primal and arcane energy hurling across the landscape.
The Elratten speak common, undercommon, and Farugoth, a language that is thick and slurred. Their voices sound deeper and more meaningful in this tongue, and most don't usually speak it.
Most Elratten prefer names with more than three syllables, if only to confuse the Ragnok more. They typically don't repeat the same letters in their names, either. They usually alter their names over time, to mimic common words. Examples are:
Rithquylot, Wratbrundos, and Hemgrilver. Ris Buylot, Wrathrun Dos, Helm Silver.
- +4 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -4 Constitution, -2 Strength: The Elratten have advanced mentally alarmingly well, but their physical abilities have suffered greatly from it.
- Humanoid (Gnome): Elratten are gnomes technically, though theire frailty and wit say otherwise.
- Small: As a Small creature, an Elratten gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Elratten base land speed is 20 feet.
- Creative Mind (Ex): An Elratten can gain a +2 Bonus to Intelligence and Charisma for the day, while having a -2 to Dexterity and Strength. This is chosen at the beginning of the day, and recharges overnight.
- Crafter's Focus(Ex): The Elratten Can gain +5 to any craft check, though they take a -5 to Insight and Perception for the rest of the day, due to the Elratten being completely absorbed in his work. This can only be used once per day.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Farugoth. Bonus Languages: Elshybi, Undercommon, Dwarvish, Orc, and Gnome.
- Favored Class: Wizard or Sorceror.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||130 years||180 years||+8d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 6"||+1d8||20 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2'||+1d6||15 lb.||× (1) lb.|