Earth Elemental Dog (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Earth Elemental Dogs/Earthdogs
Basically an earth elemental that looks like a dog, except most have masters and are always fiercely loyal to them. Having a master gives these dogs a sense of contentment and purpose, making them more fierce and motivated.
 Physical Description
Earthdogs are anywhere from 2 ft long and a ft at the shoulder, to 100 ft long and 50 ft at the shoulder. The average size and the size used here is 10 ft and 5 ft. They appear to be made of consistent brown clay - no muscles, no fur. They do have eyes, a nose, and a mouth with fangs, but no throat or organs. Powerful Earthdogs have spikes around their neck, their tail, and where their spine would be, seemingly built to allow better riding.
All intelligent creatures can tame these, and any capable of creating an elemental or golem can make these. Otherwise they are generally left alone, as they will almost never attack anyone without cause but are fierce in battle. Fears water, as it will dissolve them slowly.
Always neutral if no master, Master's alignment if there is one.
Anywhere without much water. Prefers desert as they can grow there, as water is scarce. If someone knowledgeable sees earthdogs fleeing the desert, they can be sure it is about to rain.
Not religious, unless you count utmost devotion to a master.
Speaks the main language of a master (if any) and Terran (but rarely speaks). Also barks and such.
Nameless or named by master.
 Racial Traits
- +8 Strength +12 Constitution +10 Dexterity -4 Int -4 Wis -4 Cha
- Elemental (Earth)
- Large: -1 AC, -1 attack rolls, -4 to hide, +4 to grapple, x3 encumbrance limits (x2 large, x2 quadruped)
- Earthdog base land speed is 60 feet: Earth Glide 90 ft: see Earth Elemental.
- Blind. Gets Tremorsense 30 when on the ground, +5 per level past 10.
- Earth Control: Once per encounter or once every 5 minutes, as a free action, you can freely manipulate a portion of stone up to half of a cubic foot(~110 lbs) and no more than 100 feet long for one round.
- At the end of this time period, the stone is permenantly changed.
- The stone can move at maximum 100 ft/round, and can be dropped at any time instantly.
- You can create 'arms' and attack with this stone: Holding an object takes (length of 'arm' x weight of object in pounds) pounds stone to carry.
- You can attack with a BAB and attribute bonus equal to yours with these arms.
- You can form blades with the stone, allowing 1d10+Dex damage per arm that is bladed. However, each attack requires a DC (# of arms+10) check.
- Armor made of this stone is the equivalent of Adamantine, though it weighs twice as much. While active, it has DR 3 times of adamantine.
- Earthdogs dissolve in water - even the water in the air hurts them. Contact with water deals damage like it is acid! However, they naturally build up mass, which usually counteracts this.
- On a touch, it deals 1 damage.
- For every round you are in water, you take 1d6. This damage triples if submerged.
- In humid weather, an Earthdog takes 1 damage every day
- in regular weather, an Earthdog doesn't heal from rest
- In dry weather, an earthdog recovers HP normally and gains 1 maximum hp per day.
- If it rains and the Earthdog is not covered, he takes 1d6 for every minute he remains in the rain.
- A downpour deals damage every round.
- Heavy rain deals damage every 2 rounds.
- Light rain deals damage every 3 minutes.
- A drizzle deals damage every 15 minutes.
- Elemental Traits: However, Earthdogs have both good reflex and fortitude, and have the BAB of their class and 1d12 Hit dice regardless of their class.
- Earthdogs begin with 7 levels of Earthdog, granting them 7d12 HP, +7 BAB, +7 Nat Armor, +6 Fort, +5 Ref and +2 Wil, DR 10/-, and 3 fighter bonus feats.
- Earthdogs have naturally high defenses of all sorts, which grow as the Earthdog becomes more powerful. Every 2 levels, an Earthdog gains +1 Natural Armor. Every 3 levels, an Earthdog gains +1 Fort. Every 4, +1 Ref, and every 10, +1 Wil.
- Earthdogs have 4 natural weapons:
- Two claws +Str(1st and 2nd attack) to attack roll, melee, (1d8+Str)damage.
- A tail +Str(3rd attack) to attack roll, melee, (1d4+Str) damage.
- A bite +Str(4th attack) to attack roll, melee, (2d6+Str) damage.
- On a full attack, use the first attacks up to the number of attacks allowed by the Earthdog's BAB. So if you have 11 BAB, you get two claws and a tail on your full attack.
- If two claw or a claw and a bite succeed, the Earthdog can attempt to grapple as a free action.
- If two claws and a bite succeed, the grapple is automatically a success against medium or smaller enemy.
- If a tail succeeds, the opponent is pushed 1.
- If a tail and two claws succeed, the opponent is pushed 2 and the Earthdog can immediately shift adjacent to the enemy and take an extra bite attack.
- If every attack succeeds, the above occurs and then the enemy is automatically grappled and takes a claw attack at a +5 bonus to attack and damage.
- Earthdogs gain Multiattack at 11th total level and Improved Multiattack at 16th total level as free feats.
- Earthdogs automatically have the flaw Fiercely Loyal:
- The Earthdog must try to prevent as much damage as possible to its master. If someone hurts its master, it automatically tries to kill them over others unless its master is about to be attacked.
- Instead of getting an extra feat, it get a +5 morale boost to will, and a + 2 morale boost to attack, damage rolls, other saves, AC, and level for abilities. This only occurs when it is attacking an enemy that has hurt it's master, following orders, or defending it's master within 25 ft. The morale boost grows by 1 every four levels for will and every 10 for everything else.
- If a Earthdog is controlled in anyway by anyone but the players, the Earthdog's master, and the Earthdog, both the Earthdog and Master can make an extra saving throw each round. Each failed save grants +1 to the saves until a save succeeds.
- An Earthdog can sense it's master twice as far as its Tremorsense. If an Earthdog cannot sense it's master, it starts a sequence of steps in reaction:
- 1. It gets -5 to all rolls and AC, and runs to where it's master last was.
- 2. If it's master is still not within sense, the Earthdog cowers for 2d10 rounds. Each round, the Earthdog can make a will save with DC(20+levels gained with master) to skip going berzerk.
- 3. At the end, if not calmed, the Earthdog goes berzerk, granting +10 to attack and damage rolls but -10 to AC, saves (all in addition to previous), and cannot use skills. It attacks the nearest sensed movement, and stops only when nothing moves within sense.
- 4. At the end of this rage, the Earthdog immediately goes seaching for it's master, wandering about. IF it doesn't know where it's master has gone, it yells out it's master's name until it can find someone to respond, then attempts to glean information from that person.
- 5. At the end of each month of searching, the Earthdog makes a will save. The DC is the calming DC +10, -1 per month of searching. If succeeded, the Earthdog becomes wild.
- 6. A wild Earthdog gets none of the master-based abilities, but gets doubled tremorsense and will never again have a master. It becomes neutral good, and once per level gained with master it can go into a rage, the same as a barbarian's rage. It can find a party and regain fiercely loyal to ALL party members, and lose rages.
- 7. If all but the dog is wiped out, the Earthdog must either succeed a DC 30 will save, or die. On success the dog returns to its wild state, and will never relate to anyone again. It also becomes Chaotic and attacks all that approach.
- Grants it's master +5 to ride when riding it.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1 time per day—Earthquake. Caster level is your level - 10 If. The save DC is strength-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3 times per day —Spike Stones, Wall of Stone. Caster level is your level - 5. The save DC is Strength-based.
- Automatic Languages: Terran, Master's main. Can learn any language it's master knows.
- Favored Class: Earthdog, Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +6
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Inf years||Inf years||Inf years||+Inf years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Genderless||8' 0"||+1d4'||14080 lb.||× ((1d12)/10+1) lb.|