Eaglefolk (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Eaglefolk love the sky and every thing in it, they always try to get as close to the sky as possible. They always are positive and are almost never sad or mad, it's just wrong in their society to be sad. They always try to help others and will never take no for an answer. That being said, it makes them delightful, but annoying people to be around.
Eaglefolk look like humanoids with wings and birdlike features. They have white, brown, black, grey, or gray-blue feathers. They have black, brown, or grey eyes and stand about 3 to 3 1/2 feet tall. They weigh about 35 to 45 pounds, males and females are the same size.
They get along well all races especially houndfolk, whom they regard as their closest friends. They quite dislike catfolk, and find lionfolk extremely frightening.
Eaglefolk are always Lawful Good because they will always help someone and fight for the cause of good.
Eaglefolk are found far in the mountains in large groups of 15 to 40 called Tribes. They also can be found in cities but are found mostly in the mountains.
Eaglefolk worship Pelor as their main deity but also worship Heironeous and Farlanghn.
Eaglefolk speak Haliaeetus, a language made up of many shrill cries and caws.
An Eaglefolk's name is based on the things found in the sky, mountains, or on eagles such as Cloud, Brook, Rock, Talon, Flint, and Night. They are sometimes comprised of two words, such as Swiftsoar, Darkcloud, and Sharptalon.
- -2 Constitution, +4 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Eaglefolk are fast in the air and very cheerful and friendly, but not to tough.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger): Eaglefolk are humanoid eagles that can transform into Eagles at-will.
- Small: Eaglefolk are small creatures and get a +1 size bonus to armor class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks.
- Eaglefolk base land speed is 30 feet: Fly 120 feet.
- Eagle Shape: an Eaglefolk can transform into an Eagle at-will for 3 rounds/level before trans forming back. This ability can only be used once per encounter.
- Carnivore: an Eaglefolk is a carnivore and must have meat in any form at least once a day or suffer 1d4 points of Constitution damage. They can eat and digest plants, and often do, but cannot subsist primarily on vegetation.
- Eagle Empathy (Su): Eaglefolk have an inborn talent in dealing with birds of prey (eagles, hawks, falcons, etc.), and will automatically succeed on all Handle Animal checks involving them. For other birds, they make a roll like normal but gain a +8 racial bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Eaglefolk have two claw attacks on their feet that deal 1d4 damage, and a peck attack that does 1d6 damage.
- Bonus Feat: Eaglefolk get Flyby Attack as a bonus feat.
- Automatic Languages: Haliaeetus, Common. Bonus Languages: Feline, Canine, Elven, Sylvan, Terran, and Celestial.
- Favored Class: Bard, or Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|900 years||2,700 years||8,100 years||+10d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 00"||+2d4||40 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+2d4||35 lb.||× 1 lb.|