Dwarves, Azerbloods (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Azerbloods vary widely in their physical appearance, although in general form they resemble shield dwarves with metallic brass-colored skin, flame red hair, and irises that appear to dance like tiny flames. They favor little clothing other than azer kilts of brass, bronze, or copper, but they don heavier armor when they expect combat.
Like their dwarven cousins, azerbloods strongly favor the rule of law and the predictability it provides. From their azer anscesters they gain a level of detachment from the debate of good versus evil.
Azerbloods are most common in the Small Teeth mountains of western Amn, as most are members of the remnants of Clan Azerkyn, which once riled the southern caverns of the Adamant Kingdom of Xothaerin. Individual azerbloods can also be found in shield dwarf clans dwelling in the mountain ranges that lie near the Lake of Steam.
While they favor Gorm Gulthyn or Dumathoin, azerbloods revere the entire dwarven pantheon.
Azerbloods speak Dwarvan and Ignan. Most who travel outside dwarven lands (as traders, mercenaries, or adventurers) also know the Common tongue.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Strength −2 Charisma
- Outsider (Native)(Dwarves)
- Azerblood base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision 60 feet.
- Fire resistance 10.
- Weapon Familiarity: Azerbloods may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgoshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
- Stability: An Azerblood gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped while on the ground.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against mephits (fire, magma, and steam only) and salamanders.
- +4 dodge bonus against monsters of the giant type.
- Racial Skills: +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to fire, stone, or metal items. +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to fire, stone, or metal.
- Heat Metal (Su): An azerblood can cast heat metal once per day. Caster level equal to character level. The save is Charisma-based.
- Forged: An azerblood gains a +1 bonus on all saving throws against heat and fire spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every five additional levels the azerblood attain.
- Automatic Languages:Common, Dwarven, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon.
- Favored Class:Fighter.
- Level Adjustment:+1