Dryad, Vagrant Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A variant of the ever popular Dryad mythos available as a Player Character without the horrible 300 yard requirement, but with something still restricting.
Dryads as a whole don't honestly tend to leave their groves, or places of nature. However, sometimes necessity becomes the mother of adventure.
Dryads as a whole are collectively female only, and generally appear as women with skin like bark, and hair like leaves or flowers. Dryads appear generally from 5'8-6'4 in height, and rarely appear in less than the epitome of feminine health. A Dryad's eyes are usually filled with the energy, and color of their fey-energy connection, more often than not green, yellow, orange, or white in the dead of winter.
Dryads a whole are mythical, and rare creatures, so much so that it's an astonishing sight to happen upon, or be greeted by, one. However, they share the mischievousness of all fey, and tend to play tricks on, or use humanoids for their own needs.
Dryads tend towards True Neutral, but commonly take up the tenants of Chaos and Good.
Dryads live in groves, and forests, filled with trees, plants, and other assorted fey that they particularly appreciate.
Dryads revere nature above all else, and as such don't worship particular deities.
Dryads speak Common, Sylvan, and Elven. They can, however, learn a multitude of languages.
Dryads earn particularly eccentric, often Elvish, names. Often applying flowery, or plant-like moniker to them.
- -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Dryads are wise, and very intelligent, but tend to be not quite as hardy as other races can be.
- Fey: Dryads are considered Fey in regards to type.
- Medium: Dryads gain no bonuses, nor suffer any penalties associated with size.
- Dryad base land speed is 30 feet.
- Dryad's gain a +2 racial bonus to Handle Animal, and Knowledge (Geography)
- Dryad's enter a trance-like state akin to Elves, wherein they gain a full night's worth of rest in 6 hours, during this time, they show no sign of moment or thought, and appear like normal trees.
- Forest's Friend (Su): Dryads can use speak with animals, and speak with plants at will.
- Oak Vulnerability: Dryads must enter their Trance once every other day for the full 6 hours, or they become fatigued, and take 1d4 CON damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elven Bonus Languages: A Dryad must take ranks in the Speak Language skill to learn additional languages.
- Favored Class: Druid, or Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||120 years||150 years||+2d20 years|