Denizen (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
regular games, and may affect overall
balance and gameplay. Take caution
when using this material.
|“||TREMBLE, world! The DAY OF THE DENIZENS is at hand!||”|
 Physical Description
Denizens are tiny creatures made entirely of living shadows. They have jet black skin and white eyes with no pupils. They resemble nothing so much as a keyhole-shaped sculpture balanced on two toothpicks.
They're considered extremely creepy by non-Denizens, but are tolerated due to being helpful and (almost always) harmless. That and the fact it's almost impossible to get rid of them when in large numbers.
The Denizens hail from the dark European country Pipingrad which no longer exists, due to the fact that they blew it up. They're fine in any environment, but if given a choice they will build their home underground.
None, Denizens just don't seem to think about that kind of thing.
Denizens are mute, they can only write to communicate.
Denizens don't have names unless given one by someone of another race.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +10 Constitution, +6 Intelligence, −10 Wisdom, −8 Charisma: Denizens weigh very little for their size (being living shadows) but they have the strength of a creature over 10 times their weight, and somehow don't overbalance. They're also ridiculously hard to kill, as nothing seems to faze them. This is represented by treating strong poisons as recreational drugs. Denizens are incredibly smart, yet will stick their head in a pencil sharpener out of boredom if given the chance. Non-Denizens tend to consider them as extremely creepy.
- Aberration: Denizens do not require food, sleep, or air. Nor do they age. They seem to be living shadows, yet that isn't quite accurate.
- Denizen's base land speed is 20 feet
- Denizens get +4 to Climb and Knowledge(arch/eng), both of which they also get as class skills.
- Regeneration 1 (Ex): All damage dealt to Denizens is treated as nonlethal damage. They automatically heals nonlethal damage at a fixed rate per round, as given in the entry. A Denizen that has been rendered unconscious through nonlethal damage can be killed with a coup de grace. The attack can't be a type that's automatically nonlethal damage. Attack forms that don’t deal HP damage ignore Regeneration.
- Spell Resistance 15 (Ex)
- Damage Reduction 15/— (Ex)
- Resistance to Energy 10/All (Ex)
- Darkvision out to 120 feet and low-light vision
- Pockets of Holding (Ex): Denizens don't carry a pack, they store their items inside themselves, the weight limit is however much the Denizen could normally carry, there is no size limit. Because this is the same place they hide their arms, they have the equivalent of the Quick Draw feat. They can store and draw any item in their body at will. Items can only be brought out by the Denizen who has them, cutting a Denizen will not make them spill out. Nor is the weight of stored items added to the weight of the Denizen. When a Denizen dies their items are left in a pile on the ground on top of the shadow they become. This ability is not affected by bags of holding, portable holes, gates to the astral plain, etc.
- Revivification (Ex): When a Denizen dies they collapses into a 2D shadow. Their remains can only be moved by moving the surface they died on (or with magic). After 1d12 days, the shadow becomes 3D again, binging the Denizen back to life. None of the penalties of reviving the dead apply to this ability.
- Spell-Like Ability: —. Caster level is . The save DC is -based.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: Artificer.
- Level Adjustment: +20
| Attack and
| Special Attacks
|Diminutive||+4||−10||+12||11 in.–13 ft.||0.9 lb.–1.1 lb.||3in.||1ft.||1ft.|
 Vital Statistics
|Instantaneous||+ (1d2) −1||+1d2||
Denizens don't have aging effects, as they do not age.
|Gender1||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||10"||+1d3||0.8 lb.||+ ((1d3) /10) lb.|
|Female||10"||+1d3||0.8 lb.||+ ((1d3) /10) lb.|