Deathless Type (Keran)
From D&D Wiki
Deathless are once-living creatures, now animated by spiritual or supernatural forces. They have many similarities with undead but instead of negative energy they were revived from positive energy and are far more rare and unknown compared to undead in Keran.
An deathless creature has the following features.
- 12-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to 1/2 total Hit Dice (as wizard).
- Good Will saves.
- Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the deathless creature has an Intelligence score. However, many deathless are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
A deathless creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- No Constitution score.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
- Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
- Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Positive energy (such as an cure spell) can heal Deathless creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature’s Intelligence score.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
- Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
- Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
- Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect deathless creatures. These spells turn deathless creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming deathless.
- Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Deathless not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Deathless are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
- Deathless do not breathe, eat, or sleep.