Deathclaws (Fallout Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Deathclaws are a large, agile and strong species of mutant Jackson's Chameleon created through genetic engineering, with the addition of DNA of various other species. However, due to mutation, they have lost their color-changing ability.
Deathclaws are very aggressive, territorial, and carnivorous. They typically live in small packs of around eight to twenty members led by an alpha male, who is the only one allowed to mate with the females.
 Physical Description
Deathclaws have a hunchbacked, humanoid build, stand nine to ten feet tall in adulthood, and have a thick, resilient, and muscular hide ranging from brownish-green to light yellow. Their heads are abnormally large and have horns growing out of them. Their most noticeable feature, though, are twelve-inch-long, razor-sharp claws that can kill almost any other creature in only a few swipes; hence their name.
Deathclaws are some of the most hated, feared, and misunderstood creatures in the wastes – when walking among humans, an appropriate disguise, such as a loose-fitting robe with a cowl to cover the head, is an absolute necessity. Most people will simply attack a Deathclaw on sight, or attempt to run away as fast as possible.
Deathclaws can be found roaming the wastes and in tribes, but also live in ruins and caverns.
Intelligent Deathclaws can worship anything/anyone they wish.
Although they do not have vocal cords, they can growl and shout, and seem to be able to mimic human speech much the same as a parrot does. However, normal Deathclaws aren't intelligent enough to be capable of real speech.
Deathclaws rarely have names. Example names are: Gruther, Kerith, Goris, Xarn.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Deathclaws are genetically engineered killing machines. Their strength, dexterity, and constitution all increased. But being designed as soldiers, they suffer a loss in intelligence and wisdom. Their frightening nature also makes them less charismatic.
- Humanoid (Reptilian): Deathclaws are a race of reptilian humanoids.
- Large: -1 size bonus to Defense and attacks. +4 size penalty to special attacks. -4 size bonus to Hide skill checks. ×2 carrying capacity.
- Deathclaw base land speed is 40 ft.
- Engineered Killing Machine(Ex): +2 racial bonus to Defense. Racial DR of 2 vs Physical(non-energy). Low-light Vision 60 ft. +2 racial bonus to Spot and Listen skill checks. Character gains the Scent ability. +2 racial bonus to Fortitude saves.
- Death Claws(Ex): Type: Slashing, Damage: 2d10, Critical: 19-20/x2. +2 to attacks with claws.
- Monstrous Body(Ex): All weapons and armor must be custom made and cost 150% more. -2 racial penalty to all Charisma-based skill checks(besides Intimidate). +4 racial bonus to Intimidation skill checks.
- Native Language: Deathclaw. With training, the Deathclaw may speak a Human language(uses 2 language points).
- Level Adjustment: 4
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|8 years||11 years||13 years||15 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 0"||+2d6||400 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|
|Female||7' 6"||+2d6||350 lb.||× (1d3) lb.|