Dark Seekers (3.5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
 Dark Seeker
|“||It is said that the vampyre lords of Nial formed the first dark seekers from heroes who had fallen in battle with that dark realm. And you know what? After last night, I believe it.||”|
|—Dain, elf bard, after narrowly escaping from dark seekers.|
 Sample Dark Seeker
 Dark Seeker, 8th level elf fighter
Medium Undead (augmented humanoid) HD: 8d12 +3 (55 hp) Init: +11 Speed: 50 ft AC: 28 (+7 dex, +5 armor, +4 dark blessing, +2 natural) BAB/Grapple: +8/+11 Attack: +2 longsword +14 melee (1d8 +7 18-20) or mwk dagger +12 melee (1d4 +3 + poison 1d6 str primary and secondary, fort dc 15), or mwk composite longbow (+3 str bonus) +16 ranged (1d8 +3 /x3) Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft Special Attacks: Energy drain, spell-like abilities Special Qualities: Detect magic, resistance to electricity and cold 10, resistance to fire 5, SR 13, turn resistance +2, DR 10/magic, fast healing 5, weakness'. Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +6. Abilities: strength 16, dexterity 24, constitution -, intelligence 14, wisdom 10, charisma 18. Skills: move silently +30, hide +28, listen +23, spot +23, search +21, bluff +15, sense motive +9. Feats: dodge, mobility, spring attack, lightning reflexes, combat reflexes, improved initiative, toughness, weapon focus (longsword), weapon specialization (longsword), stealthy, quickdraw, alertness, combat expertise, whirlwind attack. Environment: Nial Organization: solitary, pair, or trio. CR: 10 Treasure: standard Alignment: usually neutral evil Advancement: by character class LA: +5
 Creating a Dark Seeker
"Dark Seeker" is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid, giant, or monstrous humanoid of at least 3 HD.
 Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to undead (augmented humanoid or monstrous humanoid). Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
 Hit Dice
Change all HD to d12's and re-roll hit points.
Add 10 ft. to the dark seeker's speed.
 Armor Class
The dark seeker gains +2 natural armor. In addition, see dark blessing.
attack is unchanged.
 Special Attacks
- Energy Drain (su): a dark seeker can make a melee touch attack that deals 1d4 constitution damage. DC save 10 + dark seekers charisma modifier.
- Spell-like abilities: at will: Haste, Invisibility,Fear, Darkness, Tongues. 3/day: Charm Person, Fog Cloud. save dcs are charisma based. caster level equal to HD.
 Special Qualities
- +2 turn resistance.
- Dark blessing (su): a dark seeker can add its charisma bonus to its AC and saving throws.
- Resistance to electricity and cold 10, and fire 5.
- DR 10/magic.
- SR 13.
- Fast healing 5.
- Detect Magic (su): a dark seeker constantly has a Detect Magic effect around itself.
- Weakness's: a dark seeker cannot use any spell-like abilities, it's detect magic ability, energy drain, fast healing, or dark blessing ability if exposed to direct sunlight, and suffers a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity. a dark seeker cannot cross running water (unless on a ship), and if submerged in running water, loses 1/3 of its hp each round (as a vampire).
+2 strength, +6 dexterity, constitution -, +2 intelligence, +2 wisdom, +4 charisma.
+8 bonus to move silently, hide, search, spot, listen, bluff and sense motive checks.
Dark Seekers are generally found only singly, in pairs, or in trios, but sometimes the vampyre lords will gather a great number together.
 Challenge Rating
as base creature +2
by character class.
 Level Adjustment